Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #1621
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quite right. When there's an special offer on a wishlist item, we should buy it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #1622
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I was on the verge of moving into the black on my TBR reduction, when I stumbled and bought two paperbacks(!) in a special offer at the supermarket(!). Only one of which I really wanted, but that's the way the offer works.

I'm also thinking of buying a four-book omnibus in paperback, since it isn't available in ebook in the UK (and the US ebook version is four separate books, so probably more expensive anyway.) That will set me back about a month.

It's so easy to buy books, and it takes so long to read them.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #1623
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I never buy paper books anymore.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:36 AM   #1624
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd prefer not to, but I can't pass up a bargain, and sometimes I have no choice. I don't really have anywhere to put new pbooks. They're stacking up on my floor. I need to hand some more old ones off to charity.

I've just checked the kindle prices of the two books I bought, and they're agency-norm £4.99 each. I got the two for £3. Sure, I only really wanted one of them, so you might say it was £3 for one and the other was free, but that's still a decent saving. (Although it would have been £1.99 if I hadn't added the second book.)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:30 AM   #1625
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I have only bought one e-book this month. . ( Actually, I have bought three, but the other two was prices in a giveaway I held, so they don't count) As a result, my TBR pile is down to 189 books. I am aiming at getting it down to zero this year. Which is doable. If I don't buy too many books.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 AM   #1626
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
I have only bought one e-book this month. . ( Actually, I have bought three, but the other two was prices in a giveaway I held, so they don't count) As a result, my TBR pile is down to 189 books. I am aiming at getting it down to zero this year. Which is doable. If I don't buy too many books.
I'm not aiming at zero. I'm aiming at two or three months worth of reading as a TBR, to allow me to wait for bargains and special offers. So for me, that's a TBR of around 30 books. With my TBR currently about ten times that amount, it'll be a while.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #1627
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
At my company, you can either pick a flowercheque or a book as birthday present. Naturally, I picked the book. But, that forced me to go to an online bookstore. And while I was searching for a book (it couldn't be electronic), I came across two books I didn't know, yet should have known about and a third book I just want to have...

That third book I can find an excuse for buying. It has that watermark DRM scheme.... I'm curious how that works. And one of those two books I should have known about, it is also DRM free, on Amazon, so I should buy that one too to see how that works...

(oh, I picked a paper book which I've wanted for over 20 years, but never got around to buying and a cook book....)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #1628
DrNefario
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm not aiming at zero. I'm aiming at two or three months worth of reading as a TBR, to allow me to wait for bargains and special offers. So for me, that's a TBR of around 30 books. With my TBR currently about ten times that amount, it'll be a while.
I'm just aiming to get mine down at all. At the moment it is up by 2.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #1629
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I think that's a reasonble amount to have around. I like to have about five to ten titles floating around which is about two months of reading. Right now I think I've got about thirty or so books, but that includes a bunch of freebie horror that might never get read. It might be time to delete that or at least move it to off-device storage.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #1630
Soldim
Not so important
Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 4, iPad, Kobo Glo 4
I've got to admit I broke down. My eight year old son was in the hospital for 11 days, with either me or my wife constantly with him. I read quite a bit during that time, and figured I had bigger problems than worrying about too long TBR lists.

As a consequence, I can highly recommend 'The Day the World Discovered the Sun' by Mark Anderson.
Soldim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #1631
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Quote:
I never buy paper books anymore.
Same here. I haven't bought a paper novel in years. I kind of miss going to the bookstore and actually buying something.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #1632
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldim View Post
I've got to admit I broke down. My eight year old son was in the hospital for 11 days, with either me or my wife constantly with him. I read quite a bit during that time, and figured I had bigger problems than worrying about too long TBR lists.

As a consequence, I can highly recommend 'The Day the World Discovered the Sun' by Mark Anderson.
No one can blame you at all. I hope your son is doing well.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #1633
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I cannot remember the last time that I bought a pbook. I am sure that it is somewhere in my Amazon history. I have not been so good this year. I have bought a few to go along with my yearly challenge. I have bought some non-fiction books dealing with The Civil War. Non-fiction books aren't cheap so I will need to ensure that I buy no fiction books for the year.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #1634
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldim View Post

I hope your son is OK now. Eleven days is a long time.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #1635
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Not long ago I bought a pbook over at Amazon. It's not out yet as an ebook alas and I wanted to be able to re-read it again (i borrowed it from the library a long time ago). I rarely buy pbooks now days though. I have bought a number of ebooks this month. Just today I bought a copy of the 6th of a series of books on writing from Lazette Gifford over at Smashwords. Of course each Volume in the series only costs 99 cents in total.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote