Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Calibre crashes and will no longer launch upon installing Marvin XD

As the title indicates, I installed the Marvin XD and iOS Reader Applications plugins to Calibre, but when I tried to restart the program I got the following error:

Quote:
calibre, version 1.2.0
ERROR: Startup error: There was an error during calibre startup. Parts of calibre may not function. Click Show details to learn more.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 234, in initialize_db_stage2
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 183, in start_gui
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 204, in initialize
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/actions/__init__.py", line 142, in do_genesis
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 126, in genesis
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 257, in init_options
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.annotations_db ", line 303, in connect
OperationalError: unable to open database file
The app then shuts down and cannot be accessed at all. Any advice?
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
evanbernstein
evanbernstein began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, Marvin
See this thread ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=marvin ) on how to start calibre without Marvin XD and remove the plugin for now.
evanbernstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
rorschach1234
rorschach1234 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 7.7
I am receiving the same problem upon updating calibre and installing the Marvin XD plugin (I already had the OS Reader Application plugin installed).

The only difference for me is that I had updated calibre to v1.30.

The error message I received is as follows:

calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Startup error: There was an error during calibre startup. Parts of calibre may not function. Click Show details to learn more.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 234, in initialize_db_stage2
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 183, in start_gui
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 204, in initialize
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/actions/__init__.py", line 142, in do_genesis
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 126, in genesis
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 257, in init_options
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.annotations_db ", line 303, in connect
OperationalError: unable to open database file

I look forward to a solution for this problem.
rorschach1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanbernstein View Post
See this thread ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=marvin ) on how to start calibre without Marvin XD and remove the plugin for now.
Thanks, this saved me from doing a nasty re-install.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Sorry about this guys. We're investigating the issue. In the mean time please make sure that Marvin (both for iPhone and for iPad) has been run at least once before installing/launching MXD.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Sorry about this guys. We're investigating the issue. In the mean time please make sure that Marvin (both for iPhone and for iPad) has been run at least once before installing/launching MXD.
It happens - can't be brilliant all the time!

In the meantime, we will wait until the issue can be root caused. Thanks for a great app kguil (Marvin) and GRiker (Killer plug-ins).
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
evanbernstein
evanbernstein began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, Marvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
I wasn't quite sure what you meant, but I decided to see if my guess worked; in either case, it might help you out with debugging information.

I had calibre installed with just the iOS plugin configured for Marvin. I connected both my iPad to it and then my iPhone (quitting calibre inbetween). That worked.

I quite Calibre. Installed Marvin XD. Quite calibre.

Still got the crash.

I hope that helps.
evanbernstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@evanbernstein Thanks! Yes - that helps.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #9
kguil
Addict

@evanbernstein - Could you send me an email at support@marvinapp.comregarding this (so we take it offline and resolve it)?
Old 09-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #10
kguil
Addict

Bug squashed. MXD plugin for calibre updated to 1.0.1. Sorry about the problems with 1.0.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #11
kguil
Addict

More info here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=221357
Old 09-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #12
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Apologies to all, I've uploaded v1.0.1 which should fix the crashes reported here.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote