Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
Question Installing Kobo app on Kindle Fire HD

Hello - I thought I'd have a go at installing the latest (4.6) version of the Kobo app for Android onto my Kindle Fire HD. I switched on the option to install apps from unknown sources, then downloaded the apk from Torrapk. It downloaded quite happily - but then refused to install, even after rebooting the Kindle Fire HD. All I got was a very brief message saying 'could not install'. I tried several times but no joy. Anyone got any idea what's going? Is this version of the Kobo app simply incompatible with the Fire, or there some other factor that I am missing?
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
I have seen the same thing with other aps on my fire. It seems that amazon has the fire setup so it will refuse to run some aps. Mine will do as yours did download ok, but then refuse to install. I think it is a amazon lockout thing.

Last edited by DustyDisks; 01-27-2013 at 10:23 AM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
I have seen the same thing with other aps on my fire. It seems that amazon has the fire setup so it will refuse to run some aps. Mine will do as yours did download ok, but then refuse to install. I think it is a amazon lockout thing.
Thanks mate - I suspected as much The original Fire would install the Kobo app so I thought the HD would too, but it seems not. Deliberately locking such apps is a pretty customer unfriendly thing to do
Old 01-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Try redownloading it. i just dloaded from http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/kobo and it installed and ran fine on my Kindle 8.9"
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
Cameronpaterson
Addict

Thanks, but that's a much older version of the app - 2.7 vs 4.6
Old 01-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did a quick search with google and came up with that. My point is the app will install...
Old 01-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
Cameronpaterson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
I did a quick search with google and came up with that. My point is the app will install...
Perhaps it's a version compatibility issue...
Old 01-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
Shack70
Guru

Dloaded it from the site you said you got it from and installed it by opening it with ES File Explorer without issue
Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
Cameronpaterson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
Dloaded it from the site you said you got it from and installed it by opening it with ES File Explorer without issue
Ah ha! That is interesting...had no idea that app would be required to install. Thank you
Old 01-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #10
Shack70
Guru

I install all the apps I don't get from Amazon that way.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:47 AM   #11
TamieZ
TamieZ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thank you so much!!! You are amazing. I have been trying to download Kobo onto my sons Kindle Fire unsuccessfully for 4 months. I just tried the site you suggested and it worked perfectly. My Kobo library is downloading onto the Kindle Fire HD as we speak.
TamieZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #12
lesndee
lesndee will give the Devil his due.lesndee will give the Devil his due.lesndee will give the Devil his due.lesndee will give the Devil his due.lesndee will give the Devil his due.lesndee will give the Devil his due.lesndee will give the Devil his due.lesndee will give the Devil his due.lesndee will give the Devil his due.lesndee will give the Devil his due.lesndee will give the Devil his due.

Device: kindle fire hd
This is the fastest easiest way to install kobo on kindle fire hd. Just go to the link below on your kindle and follow the instructions.

http://www.nobooko.com/how-to-read-k...ndle-fire.html

Just for info i found this by searching on bing not google.
lesndee is offline   Reply With Quote