Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
badspell68
Scifi is a Digital World
badspell68 doesn't litterbadspell68 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Wood Hard Case - Very Strong

After searching for ages and not finding a case that was strong enough to protect my reader from all sorts of possible damage I decided to make my own.

Even the metal ones I came across were flimsy and I could imagine a situation were a stiff object in my suitcase would put enough pressure on the side of the metal case to crack the screen.

Mine is made of a very stiff wood with internal reinforcements supporting all sides of the case. The thing is incredibly strong but also lite and attractive. I stained, lined it with very soft suede and covered the outside with super soft fine leather.

Take a look at all the pictures here:
http://flickr.com/photos/jeffledonne...7613842502212/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bookbox3.JPG
Views:	376
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	23643  
badspell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
That's very interesting.

Yvan le terrible has also made some lovely wooden cases. Here's one, now in the possession of Bob Russell, which was photographed at the last Washington meet-up:

Click image for larger version

Name:	YvanCase.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	916.9 KB
ID:	23644
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Nice!

Patricia
Is it Dooney & Bourke under your left hand?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
CribQuilter
Enthusiast
CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Would you mind telling others how you made that gorgeous thing. it is exactly what I have been looking for to protect my reader!! I have a very handy hubby and I sew and want to make one.
CribQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
look at this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15449
I have made a very similar case
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
True. You guys are amazing.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote