Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 11-17-2007, 09:33 AM   #1
mikej1592
mikej1592 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E2
Touch screen dosn't

Real quick, I tried searching but didnt see any similar posts.

My touch screen started loosing accuracy so I launched the touch the center of the target program on it, it got stuck in a loop and never stoped telling me to click the center of the target. So I did what any frustrated person would do and hit the reset button on the back. The palm booted back up and I was never able to click the screen again.

The palm works otherwise I can click the short cut physical buttons on the bottom but no area of the touch screen is touchable anymore.

Is there a software issue here? is there a way to reinstall all palm software?

palm.com sucks the description they give gets cut off right when they tell you "to delete your personal info before sending into repair you have to..." and it stops right there its rediculous how little I have been able to find on fixing pda's maybe I'm searching wrong but there isnt anything on fixing something unless your having hotsync problems.

Please please please tell my someone here knows how to reinstal the software or tell me I have to replace the screen I just got the thing 6 months ago (which is just enough time for the 90 day warranty to expire)

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Old 11-17-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You probably need to do a "hard" reset; this will restore the default screen calibration.

See:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...=obj(887)#hard
Advert
Old 11-17-2007, 09:50 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
HarryT is correct. This should fix it. Backup your information first because this will wipe the RAM.
Look a page 4:
http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...n/maintain.pdf
Old 11-18-2007, 12:20 AM   #4
mikej1592
mikej1592 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E2
Thanks sooooo much

HarryT Thank you sooooo much for that link, I have been searching for that info for weeks now, you saved my sanity and my pda.

I'm glad I didnt go with my first reaction which was just hit it with a really big hammer.

Thanks "Nate the great" for reminding me to back up my stuff first.

Now I just got to make sure that hot sync dosnt make the computer match the pda hehe.

Thanks again for all your help.

Mike J
Old 11-18-2007, 03:44 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Glad it fixed it. Google is your friend - searching for "palm hard reset" found it instantly.
Advert