Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2009, 01:52 AM   #1
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Question another memory card question

Hi everyone. I've introduced myself in that "here I am" forum, and am coming out of lurkdom to ask some questions from all of you experts.

I have a Sony 505 and I want to start using a memory card with it. I have had this since December, I use Calibre and I have read pretty much all the threads telling me that it will slow me down. I don't want to rehash the argument about NEED vs CAPACITY to read everything. I also have no programming experience, so when I read Sealbeater's 4000 book post, I was happy for him, but that helped me not at all, except to see that it can be done. lol

My questions are these:
1. Can I create collections on the SD card if I only use the Sony software?

2. If I use Calibre, will it create collections on the SD card? (I have only been using Calibre to modify the metadata and then have been using the Sony software to put stuff on the reader. I didn't want to totally rearrange the way I organize these books on my computer. But I WILL if necessary.)

I attempted to drag a book over using the Sony software to the SD card. I then tried to create a collection on the SD card the way you create a collection on the reader. But when I unplugged the reader from my computer, the book on the SD card was no longer in a collection. Any ideas?

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
2. With Calibre you can create collections on the SD card and/or in the internal memory.
For some reason, all collections show as if they were on the SD card (when looking in the reader screen).

Be careful if you use Calibre and Sony soft at the same time, I believe there is a certain incompatibility, but I don't know for sure, as I only use Calibre.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Pablo,
Thanks for the help w/#2. I had read about having to turn off the connection to Sony soft if moving using Calibre. I will have to find those directions again somewhere.

So, no answer on #1? Anyone, anyone?
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote