Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 01-14-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
PaulJManoogian
PaulJManoogian began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim x30
Wear a Pendant Cellphone

The new pendant-sized phone from Pantech&Curitel is a mere 56 mm wide and 67 mm tall. The PH-K2500V can supposedly be worn around one's neck, just like a pendant!

It features TTS (Text To Speech) functionality, which converts a text message into voice messages for the receiver. When in "speak mode", it will read incoming text messages with it's own voice. It extends this functionality to the phone's menu, phonebook, and the unanswered calls list.

The PH-K2500V can play MP3's and lets you control the music from buttons on the outside of the phone, without opening the device. It also comes with a 1.3Mpix camera and an OCR (Optical Character Reader) function which can recognize text from JPEG files. It supports the recent business card scanning craze, going on these days. The information from the business card can then be saved as text.

Another feature of the phone is a 34,000 word (with definitions) electronic dictionary, with memo and highlight tools.

The phone is available in blue, red, or silver.

Picture courtesy of 3G UK

Source: [ Textually.org ]

Last edited by PaulJManoogian; 01-14-2005 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Minor grammar corrections
Old 01-14-2005, 07:53 PM   #2
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Tres cool.

I'm guessing that the TTS thing probably freaks nearby people out. Much the same as my teeny tiny bluetooth headset does on the street. People think I'm loony (but for different reasons then general ones obviously) and talking to myself.

Pendant phones, pendant ipods... next we'll need a pendant pda.

Not to be pendantic or anything.

Ouch, quit hittin' me.

Last edited by sUnShInE; 01-14-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:39 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I can imagine people in Japan will be all crazy about this. People there love to wear their gadgets around their necks and show them off! Really geeky
Old 01-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
John Dawson
John Dawson began at the beginning.

Device: PH-K2500V
Need Global Prepaid Emergency Response - Will PH-K2500V work?

My mother has fallen and now has a critical need for an emergency response cell phone. The standard emergency phone that plugs into a land line will not work. She travels worldwide and I would like to get her a prepaid phone that nobody has the number to that can be used in emergency situations only. The phone needs to have worldwide coverage if possible. I would like to get the phone for under $1000, but price of phone and service is not a factor. Prepaid would be great as it will only be used in emergency. Please respond, she gets out of the hospital in appoximately 2-3 week.

Thanks,

John
480 748 1547

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJManoogian View Post
The new pendant-sized phone from Pantech&Curitel is a mere 56 mm wide and 67 mm tall. The PH-K2500V can supposedly be worn around one's neck, just like a pendant!

It features TTS (Text To Speech) functionality, which converts a text message into voice messages for the receiver. When in "speak mode", it will read incoming text messages with it's own voice. It extends this functionality to the phone's menu, phonebook, and the unanswered calls list.

The PH-K2500V can play MP3's and lets you control the music from buttons on the outside of the phone, without opening the device. It also comes with a 1.3Mpix camera and an OCR (Optical Character Reader) function which can recognize text from JPEG files. It supports the recent business card scanning craze, going on these days. The information from the business card can then be saved as text.

Another feature of the phone is a 34,000 word (with definitions) electronic dictionary, with memo and highlight tools.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
John Dawson
John Dawson began at the beginning.

Device: PH-K2500V
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJManoogian View Post

Please contact me. I would like to use this phone or one similiar for an emergency response unit. My specs include, but are not limited to:

1) No land line phone will work. I need cell coverage here.
2) world-wide coverage if possible or best case. Mexico (Baja) is a must.
3) I would preferred prepaid. (Verizon would be nice if possible.)
4) Need phone activated and delivered to hospital in Utah immediately, if possible. Mom gets out of the hospital in 2-3 wks.
5) Price is not a real factor.

Thank you,

John