Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 10-25-2004, 10:48 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
PalmGear - RSS Feeds working again!

Earlier today I mentioned that PalmGear has changed its site layout which has unfortunately caused our PalmGear RSS feeds to stop working.

Well they are back again, alive and kickin'! Sorry for the small delay I needed to analyze PalmGear's new site layout.

The feeds:

PalmGear New Software:
https://www.mobileread.com/feeds/pgupdated_rss20.xml

PalmGear New Updates:
https://www.mobileread.com/feeds/pgnews_rss20.xml

I'd gladly appreciate any of your comments.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:21 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In case you are still receiving a "FeedLiquifier/2.00: parsing failed" message... it seems PalmGear servers are very slow and inresponsive today, so when the script fails to connect to PalmGear, it will try again after 30 minutes. The delay is intented to avoid hammering the PalmGear site.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:29 PM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Works great here, Alex. I like the screenshots that are now added to the feeds. Very cool!
Old 10-26-2004, 08:17 PM   #4
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks for the feeds. I've just stumbled over them, after the Newsisfree ones were no longer updated.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:05 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Sometimes you might still receive an error that feed parsing failed. The cause is PalmGear's horribly slow server which sometimes time-outs. This is nothing to worry about though, the next time the feed updates (after 30mins) it gives PalmGear server another try. I will implement a more meaningful error message soon.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:34 PM   #6
balzercomp
balzercomp began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Palmgear feeds still not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Sometimes you might still receive an error that feed parsing failed. The cause is PalmGear's horribly slow server which sometimes time-outs. This is nothing to worry about though, the next time the feed updates (after 30mins) it gives PalmGear server another try. I will implement a more meaningful error message soon.
Hi Alexander,

unfortunaltely it doesn't work for me. I'm using Newsfire as feedreader on my Mac. Since yesterday I haven't received a correct post from the following feeds:

Update:
  1. PalmGear: Latest Business and Finance Parsing Failed on Sat, 01 Dec 2007 06:50:06 +0000
  2. PalmGear: Latest Games Parsing Failed on Sat, 01 Dec 2007 06:49:14 +0000
  3. PalmGear: Latest Utilities Parsing Failed on Sat, 01 Dec 2007 06:45:50 +0000
  4. PalmGear: New Software Titles Parsing Failed on Sat, 01 Dec 2007 06:40:06 +0000
  5. PalmGear: Updated Software Titles Parsing Failed on Sat, 01 Dec 2007 07:08:29 +0000
Anything I can do about this?

Regards

Gerald

Last edited by balzercomp; 12-01-2007 at 02:32 AM.