Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #1441
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
Another book caused this warning near the top:[indent]
These files will not be visible in any collections on the Kindle because the Mobi book type is not set correctly. If the book is in Calibre, run View Report and check the book's details for a WARNING message. Also see Troubleshooting under this plugin's Help page:

Path: /media/Kindle/documents/authorname/bookname.mobi
Title: bookname
Code: #mybooksasin^None
Type: None

Title: bookname
Path: documents/authorname/bookname.mobi
Collections: nonfiction; authorname
WARNING: The Kindle will not display this Mobi book in a collection due to an invalid code: "one"
Calibre tags: nonfiction
Note: Your Personal doc tag "None" is not one of the Calibre tags for this book
This just means exactly what it says - that the ASIN code in the book file is invalid - so it can't be put into a collection on the Kindle. You need to change it to a valid code. Usually if the book isn't from Amazon then sending it to your Kindle from Calibre should insert a valid code.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #1442
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
As far as I know yes it is the only one that has the issue, I wish I would have know otherwise I would not have selected the Touch.
Yes, so far only the Touch. (Well, also the Fire, but that's a completely different device anyway).

It is not possible and there are no indications that it will ever be possible to use the plugin with an unmodified Touch to modify collections or fonts, etc. The user accessible file that Amazon used to use to hold collection info has been replaced by something that is only accessible to the Kindle firmware.

If the Touch is hacked, then there might be a possibility that it could be done - but first it has to be hacked, and even then a lot of people won't be willing to hack their Kindle.
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #1443
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Okay, so it is definite that the new non-keyboard works fine with this plugin? Just would love to be absolutely certain before buying the device. Has anyone tried it with the new device able to give me a certain thumbs up (or down)?
Old 12-05-2011, 03:23 AM   #1444
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaesse View Post
Okay, so it is definite that the new non-keyboard works fine with this plugin? Just would love to be absolutely certain before buying the device. Has anyone tried it with the new device able to give me a certain thumbs up (or down)?
I have kindle NT and plug in works fine. I created collections from all kinds of columns, custom and not.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #1445
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

Awesome. Thanks.
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #1446
Len666
Enthusiast
Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle 3W
Uploaded books aren't placed in the desired collection

Hi Meme,

Thanks for the plugin. I need some help. I made my (8 or so) different collections by hand on my Kindle 3. Importing these collections into calibre using the plugin went ok. I see my collections as custom metadata.

Now I want to upload some new books. First I add the correct collection to the books in the database. To do that I use "Edit Metadata", using the tab "custom metadata"
Afterwards I see the collection field filled correctly. Uploading also works ok. But the books are in the "root" not in the collection.

What do I do wrong? Sorry if this has already been treated somewhere in the thread, after 20 minutes of browsing I decided to put the question up.

Thanks a bundle for your help.
Len
Old 12-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #1447
Vaesse
Zealot

Have you "restarted" your Kindle since you updated the collections? The first post probably has instructions on how to do this (I'm on my phone at the moment, or I'd check). If you have restarted, you'll need someone with more knowledge than me to help. Just figured I'd try a quick response just in case.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #1448
meme
Sigil developer

Check how you are sorting your books - move to the top line on the Kindle where it says Sort By, then move to the right to select a different arrangement. And if you want your collections to sort to the top in Title mode you need to add a Prefix like "_" using the plugin's customization settings.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #1449
SharonK
Enthusiast
SharonK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Pardon me if this has already been discussed. If so, possibly someone can redirect me. I just got a Kindle Touch and have read that there are problems using it with Calibre and a plug-in which I've never used before. Does anyone know if it works without the plug-in or if they are working on that? I've used calibre with the KK in the past, but got away from it when we got new iPhones, iPads and Macs. Setting them up took a long time and now I want to get back to reading with my new Kindle Touch. But I love calibre and don't want to have to stop using it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm slowly reading everything I can find, but this thread is 97 pages!

Last edited by SharonK; 12-08-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #1450
kongzifan
Enthusiast
kongzifan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPhone, iPad
I thought it could change the horizontal margins of PDF files, and it turns out that it does not, only for mobi files. What a pity.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #1451
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK View Post
Pardon me if this has already been discussed. If so, possibly someone can redirect me. I just got a Kindle Touch and have read that there are problems using it with Calibre and a plug-in which I've never used before. Does anyone know if it works without the plug-in or if they are working on that? I've used calibre with the KK in the past, but got away from it when we got new iPhones, iPads and Macs. Setting them up took a long time and now I want to get back to reading with my new Kindle Touch. But I love calibre and don't want to have to stop using it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm slowly reading everything I can find, but this thread is 97 pages!
There is no problem using Calibre with the Kindle Touch.

The issue is that this plugin ( Kindle Collections) for Calibre does not work with the Touch.

If you've never used the plugin before, then you've got nothing to worry about. Just use Calibre as you've done before and enjoy your new Kindle Touch
Old 12-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #1452
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongzifan View Post
I thought it could change the horizontal margins of PDF files, and it turns out that it does not, only for mobi files. What a pity.
Pdf's are best read in landscape (in kindle). It fits text to the screen width and there are no margins. So margins don't matter in pdf. Unless you want to have extra white space on your e-reader.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #1453
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
I hope this doesn't come across crazy but I have been thinking about purchasing another Kindle Touch for personal use (got one for Mom for Christmas), however, in light of the fact that the Kindle Collection plug-in doesn't work with KTouch, not so sure I want it now.

I absolutely love this plug-in as it has made creating Collections sooooo easy. I read a ton of series and for me this plug-in (besides Calibre itself) is one of the best tools out there. Going to have the think long and hard about this. I have a perfectly functioning K3 that works great with the plug-in, but really like the Touch.

Thanks again to Meme and all who make this plug-in awesome!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #1454
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
I hope this doesn't come across crazy but I have been thinking about purchasing another Kindle Touch for personal use (got one for Mom for Christmas), however, in light of the fact that the Kindle Collection plug-in doesn't work with KTouch, not so sure I want it now.

I absolutely love this plug-in as it has made creating Collections sooooo easy. I read a ton of series and for me this plug-in (besides Calibre itself) is one of the best tools out there. Going to have the think long and hard about this. I have a perfectly functioning K3 that works great with the plug-in, but really like the Touch.

I think you should stick with your k3 until there is a way to use the plugin with the Touch or another version comes along that let's you use the plugin. I find my enjoyment of my Touch has been diminished because I lost the use of this plugin. I am still thinking about returning mine but I think I will be passing it along to the hubby and getting the non-Touch.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:48 AM   #1455
bonzi
Enthusiast
bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2i, K3/KK WiFi, Basic (old), 2xFire, 2xPW (old), Voyage, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post

If you have K3 and Touch (and same content on both), you can maintain collections on K3 and then import them using Amazon mechanisms for that to Touch.
Closed Thread