Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Mysterio
Mysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo
Calibre and Kobo

How do you get Calibre to recognize your Kobo? I am updated to 7.1. Whenever I try to copy my books to either the main memory or Card slot A it tells me that no device is connected. I have been using ADE but it doesn't distinguish between the main memory and the SD card. The only way I have found so far to copy my books to the SD card is through windows explorer.

Thanks in advance.
Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Calibre SHOULD detect the Kobo without any modification or configuration from you.

When you plug it in, it takes Calibre a second (the Job icon will spin), and it should pop up as a device beside your 'Library' icon at the top.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
Mysterio
Mysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheeseMysterio can extract oil from cheese

Nope, I get nothing when I plug in the Kobo. Interesting because everything works as it should in ADE just not in Calibre. I have to add the ePubs from my Calibre library into ADE in order to get my books on the Kobo.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
Nope, I get nothing when I plug in the Kobo. Interesting because everything works as it should in ADE just not in Calibre. I have to add the ePubs from my Calibre library into ADE in order to get my books on the Kobo.
Open preferences, look for the Kobo plugin and ensure that it is enabled.

If it is open a command prompt, cd to the directory where Calibre is install and run calibre-debug -g. Look that the output in the command prompt to see if any errors are reported

Last edited by timlegge; 06-11-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typos
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
Mysterio

Works...thanks.
Advert