Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-27-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
curiouser
curiouser began at the beginning.

Question Stylus + screen lag?

Can someone describe the experience of using the stylus?

I've seen the screenshots where people have scribbled into the notepad-type app, but I've not really heard much about the experience of doing so. How much does the drawing of pixels lag behind the stylus? Do you end up "writing blind," and the screen eventually catches up, or is it fast & very similar to taking pen to paper?

Beyond easily clicking on hyperlinks with the stylus, I feel like the possibility for annotation (underlining, highlighting, notes) really separates this from the Sony product. At the same time, I am skeptical that the screen updates individual pixels fast enough to be able to do so effectively.
curiouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
There is a small lag, so if you want the ink to keep up, you have to write slower, but if you just write away, it's quite comfortable. Also, it can't be calibrated currently (so it seems, I don't know if this will be fixed or not), so you have to make sure you hold it right; in my case, NOT totally upright, but in writing position, so if I forget and hold it at 90º for some reason, the line appears at the wrong place (but you can always erase and try again).
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert