Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
WarumIch
WarumIch began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone
0.6.36 crashes in Snow Leopard

Since I updated to 0.6.36 calibre crashes every time, when it converts an ebook.

Is it possible to download the previous version 0.6.35 somewhere?
WarumIch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarumIch View Post
Since I updated to 0.6.36 calibre crashes every time, when it converts an ebook.

You can obtain archived versions here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
hundenapf
hundenapf began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
same thing here, just crashes anytime it tries to download any of my 33 rss feeds °.°
hundenapf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to provide the crash logs, but there really isn't anything in 0.6.36 that should be causing it to crash. It just contains a few bug fixes.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
No problem here with 0.6.36 on Snow Leopard.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #6
Mike_S
Mike_S began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarumIch View Post

I have the same problem.

p.s. 0.6.36 Calibre crashes as soon as the output file is successfully converted.

Last edited by Mike_S; 01-26-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Mike_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #7
WarumIch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You need to provide the crash logs, but there really isn't anything in 0.6.36 that should be causing it to crash. It just contains a few bug fixes.
Here is the crash log.
Attached Files
File Type: rtf Crashlog.rtf (60.5 KB, 242 views)
Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm nothing useful in that log. Does revert to 0.6.35 fix the crashes?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The only thing I can think of is the Growl notification integration. Do you have Growl installed on your systems?
Old 01-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #10
WarumIch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The only thing I can think of is the Growl notification integration. Do you have Growl installed on your systems?
Yes, Growl is installed, but not activated.

And 0.6.35 works perfect...
Old 01-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

OK so it is a Growl related issue. Does activating growl fix the crash?
Old 01-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #12
pepacobos
pepacobos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Mine crashes everytime I try to convert. Growl was installed but I've already uninstalled and still calibre quits unexpectly. I am going to try with 0.6.35. I didn´t have any problem with that.
pepacobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:35 PM   #13
pepacobos
pepacobos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I can confirm that 0.6.35 works fine. 0.6.36 not for me in Snow Leopard with growl just uninstalled.
pepacobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #14
LagaV
LagaV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPhone
Same problem here. But Calibre crashes only when the Kindle is connected.

a) It runs for as long as I plug in the Kindle.
b) If the Kindle is plugged in at launch after some seconds later Calibre crashes.

Growl is installed and RSS feeds are downloading fine without Kindle connection.

Any thoughts?

LagaV
LagaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can work around the growl related issues by disabling system tray notification in preferences->interface