Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
ashan
Connoisseur
ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: could be Kobo Glo or KPW
Kobo warranty

Questions in my head/ How does the warranty work for this devices if bought from supermarkets or other resellers?
Is it based on the receipt? But the receipt has only the bar code which is the same for all the devices, it doesn't have a specific S/N

Or the people from Kobo know when you first registered and set up your device and that would be day 1 of your 365.
One potential customer asked for the S/N so he can verify how much warranty is left, assuming he was right this is how you find out?
I am in the process of selling the touch so I need this information ASAP.
ashan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
I don't know about Kobos, but for electronic devices in general they usually look at the date of purchase on the receipt as far as I'm aware
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
ashan
Connoisseur
ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes, I know that, but this is only serviced by Kobo...I think I would have to ask them this, do they have a UK based phone number? Or chat support?
Old 10-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Not sure what you're asking, but they should have the same warranty policy for all products sold through authorized resellers. They would ask for the proof of purchase from whatever retailer you bought it from.

The toll free help line in the UK is 00800 33 22 33 44, or email them at help@kobobooks.com. I am not aware of any chat support.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
ashan
Connoisseur

thanks for your answer, well I was curious because on the receipt you just have the bar code number which is the same for all the products (i.e. Kindle Touch White-Silver).
I thought that Kobo registers the device ID when it's first set-up. Never mind, I just sold it and now looking forward for a Glo.
Advert