Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #31
DarkRoast
Enthusiast
DarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony Reader 650
Oh well... it might be available in Aust. as an ebook by the time I have gotten around to finishing The Stand, but I won't hold my breath.
DarkRoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #32
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I was about to write - what are you talking about it's already available. Then I realised that you use Sony Reader.

It's available for Kindle in Australia, but I haven't really looked for any other formats.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #33
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
It's available for most formats. In the U.S. anyway.

http://inkmesh.com/ebooks/passage-ju...+Justin+Cronin

I started listening to the audiobook today.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #34
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Can't wait for the second book in trilogy: "The Twelve." 2012... 1 year waiting! :O
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #35
blt50203
Rogue Bookseller
blt50203 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blt50203 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blt50203 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad, iPhone, B&N nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
I have this on my TBR pile, already purchased, just waiting in line. I have the chuck hogan books ready to go too.
The Strain was my favorite book of last year.
blt50203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #36
sapphiresilver
Connoisseur
sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Oasis 2, Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro
I read it a few days ago. I agree with the people who say the middle dragged. The first part and the end were great, though. I'm planning on reading The Strain next.
sapphiresilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #37
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Interested in this book for some time but my self-imposed limit of $5 for an ebook has had me waiting. I have seen it drop some, but just not fast enough. Will check back in 3 months. Read the sample and it intrigued me, so am looking forward to reading someday.

As for The Strain, read it some time ago and like it;just not enough to read the second book in the series.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #38
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm over halfway through it and I still haven't got to the slow part that everyone's talking about.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #39
Kerfuffle
Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.

Device: Sony Prs-650 (mine) Sony PRS-T1 (wife's)
I just finished this last week and thought it was a great read, I didn't find the middle section dragged at all - like BenG, I couldn't acvtually identify where people thought it started to drag and where it ended.

It would make a great mini series (a one off movie couldn't do it justice).
Kerfuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #40
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I'm currently at 79% of the book and I'm enjoying it very much. I don't think the middle part dragged. Maybe it has a slower pace, but I think it's important, so set the correct mindset, so that this last third I'm reading as much more impact.

A pity I'm finishing this book and I'll have to wait 1,5 years for the sequel.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #41
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Oh, yeah. This book was amazing. I listened to it on audio from the library. Isn't Ridley Scott doing the movie version?
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #42
BenG
Home Guard

From what I've read, the sequel The Twelve will go back to the beginning and follow different characters.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #43
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
We now have a release Date and Cover Yay! 16th Oct hope thats for both versions
http://shelf-life.ew.com/2012/03/08/...-cover-reveal/
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #44
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
I could have sworn I saw August announced as the release date earlier, but I guess I can wait a couple more months.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #45
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
We now have a release Date and Cover Yay! 16th Oct hope thats for both versions
http://shelf-life.ew.com/2012/03/08/...-cover-reveal/
Awwwwwyea
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote