Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 06:49 AM   #16
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmix View Post
ORIENTATION:

Adjusting the screen orientation is a fairly common practice, yet this menu option sits at the bottom of the ten choices given in the "OPTIONS" list, even below much less important options like "Word Logs:Books", "Delete Book" and "Info".

When the orientation is horizontal and you want to make the it vertical, you will need to scroll down the list because only the top seven of the ten choices are visible.

Bad interface design, Sony.
'Orientation' is located at the closest reach when I am holding the Reader either right or left hand, so where it is located is perfectly fine with me. When the orientation is horizontal, it is a matter of simple double tapping so no harm done.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #17
zmix
Connoisseur
zmix began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
This is a feature in the Russified firmware. Although it is called Russified, it is actually suitable for English speakers (it replaces the Dutch language support with Russian).
Very interesting..! Does this software address any of the issues I have cited above?
zmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #18
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmix View Post
Very interesting..! Does this software address any of the issues I have cited above?
No, apart from the changing the orientation by a key press.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #19
zmix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Спасибо....

Last edited by zmix; 10-12-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:11 AM   #20
zmix
Connoisseur

When attempting to access Library books in my PRS350 I sometimes get a "PROTECTED BY DRM" screen. No access!! The Fix , I have discovered, requires a hard reset... I still panic every time I see it, though..
Old 10-13-2010, 02:09 AM   #21
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
although the Russian software has one very useful (for me at least) thing - an ability to assign different options to Zoom and Options buttons - page forward and backward for example.
I find it more convenient to turn pages from the bottom RIGHT side of the screen rather than bottom LEFT.
(That is unless you use touch controls exclusively of course)
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #22
zmix
Connoisseur

Here is another issue I have discovered in the Sony PRS-350 firmware:

If I transfer a text file from my computer to the Reader, and select the smallest font size on the Reader ("XS") several lines at the bottom of each page will be cut off, and will not appear at the top of the following page. This problem is independent of the original file's font size.

Tags
bugs, firmware, prs350, reader, sony