Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen > Gen3 Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2007, 11:38 PM   #1
SUSGOD
Connoisseur
SUSGOD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre-eBook reader PRO
software update

On November 15, 2007, Michael (for Bookeen) posted on Bookeen's oficial blog: "We will add new levels of zooming in next software release."

It appears there will be another software update after 1.0. Hopefully it will resolve the known bugs.
SUSGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:35 AM   #2
GregS
Zealot
GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ Reader 5", Iliad
Couldn't where else I could state it, and based only on reading (no eink in Australia yet).

Bookshelves, organising collections is much needed.

Second, does anyone know how cybook currently handles PDF, I worry about how reflow sometimes effects PDF.
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:22 AM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
Second, does anyone know how cybook currently handles PDF, I worry about how reflow sometimes effects PDF.
It does not reflow by itself. I think Mobipocket Reader can reflow but since I do not use Windows I have not tested this. I have one pdf (manual for Iriver iHP 120) that reboots the Cybook when navigating in it so the reader is probably not overly stable. It is probably the first version with a lot of bugs.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:43 AM   #4
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
You own a iHP120 ? Great device, I have a iHP140 with Rockbox on it.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:50 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
No machine with a 6" screen handles A4 PDFs at all well. There's just no way to sensibly view an A4 document on a screen with 1/6th the area of A4. PDF was never intended to be an eBook format, and it's pretty much the worst possible format choice for an eBook.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
You own a iHP120 ? Great device, I have a iHP140 with Rockbox on it.
Yes, I have a iHP120. I remember it was very expensive when I bought it. I have not tested rockbox on it. I bought it for ogg support and for the recording possibility. Nowadays I only use it to record panels at science fiction conventions. The microphone in it works reasonable well for that.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #7
GregS
Zealot
GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ Reader 5", Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No machine with a 6" screen handles A4 PDFs at all well. There's just no way to sensibly view an A4 document on a screen with 1/6th the area of A4. PDF was never intended to be an eBook format, and it's pretty much the worst possible format choice for an eBook.
I agree, and reflow of PDF should be present, but as a choice. It can make some PDF's impossible to read well. An A5 version I made testing with mobipocket on my computer reflowed unnecessarily. I hope Cybook supports both forms.

PS
I was thinking of PDFs designed for the smaller size rather than A4. For novels reflow is easy and best, but many non-fiction works layout can be crucial and pdf gives fine control over this.

I am looking at PDF stylesheets, conversions from XML to PDF made when desired to form-fit different uses. Ie condensed print versions for printing, condensed and imposed pages for booklet printing, various classes of layout based on different readers etc.,.

Hence the choice of reflowing PDF or keeping it virginal are an important feature, in terms of reader's future functionality is important. Mobipocket for instance reflowed several PDFs I had made for the computer in A5 when there was amble space to display it intacto.

Last edited by GregS; 11-23-2007 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Adding a PS point
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #8
SUSGOD
Connoisseur
SUSGOD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre-eBook reader PRO
Windows Media Audio

Does the Cybook Gen3 support copyright-protected Windows Media Audio (.wma) files?
SUSGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSGOD View Post
Does the Cybook Gen3 support copyright-protected Windows Media Audio (.wma) files?
Not to my knowledge. MP3s are what it handles at this point.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:17 AM   #10
Verena
Verena began at the beginning.

Device: NO MORE BOOKEEN !!
Can't hold out ...
Verena is offline   Reply With Quote