Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #16
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Thanks for the suggestions!
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #17
bobstro
Zealot
bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014,Hisense Sero Pro 7,Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
[...] So I thought I would try reading on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.

Are there any ereader app better for reading or are they all a much of a muchness? Is white background or sepia background better for reading?
I'm not sure about the SGT3, but my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 has a "reading mode" system setting. You have to identify reading apps in the control panel, and once you've done so, the screen display will be subdued when those apps are run. You can do the same thing in individual app settings, but I found it made some apps without such settings much easier to read for extended periods.
bobstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #18
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Is there any theory on dark vs light background and font color that comes from ergonomics or optometry research?

From ergonomics I know that my computer screen should be the brightest thing in my viewfield. For TV watching I know the proper distance to sit and that I should have a bias-light on to provide constant illumination so my are not constantly adjusting with just light from the TV.

So sitting in bed in a semi-dark room, what is recommended?

My preference is a dark background with bright letters. Right now I am using dark grey and bright white, but a bright green or blue letter on dark background is what I use for my editor on my PC.

I have just read where others love the "oily paper" background for Moon+ Reader which means they use black for the fonts?

Anyway - any scientific basis for bright vs dark backgrounds?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:24 PM   #19
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
A few minutes fighting with google I found these:

http://blog.tatham.oddie.com.au/2008...is-a-bad-idea/

Cites a 1980 study where people seemed to improve their comprehension 26% with dark text on light background.

This one suggests the opposite that black backgrounds is better for night time driving GPS and dashboards displays:

http://www.perceptualedge.com/blog/?p=1445
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote