Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Calibre not converting entire PDF book, HELP!

I have a PDF that is approximately 200 pages long, when I input it into Calibre and convert to mobi the document shows up with only the 2 pages. Can someone tell me if there is something I should check?

I opened the document as a PDF outside of Calibre and it shows as fine, once inputted it's like the rest of the document disappears. Anyone experience this before? HELP!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
I have a PDF that is approximately 200 pages long, when I input it into Calibre and convert to mobi the document shows up with only the 2 pages. Can someone tell me if there is something I should check?

I opened the document as a PDF outside of Calibre and it shows as fine, once inputted it's like the rest of the document disappears. Anyone experience this before? HELP!
Is your PDF book text or just images of text? Many PDFs are scanned images of pages, not text and nothing shows up when you try to convert.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Is your PDF book text or just images of text? Many PDFs are scanned images of pages, not text and nothing shows up when you try to convert.
It is all text, no images
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:56 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
It is all text, no images
Are you sure as it is not always easy to tell with PDF? What size is the file - a 200 page one of text would typically be only be a few hundred KB whereas an image based one is much larger.

If it really is a pure text PDF then I have no idea - mine have always been fine.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:11 AM   #5
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
When viewing the pdf in a normal viewer, using a selection tool, can you select the text, as you would in a word-processor.
If you can, then it will probably is text based, if you can only select areas, then it's probably image based.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert