Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
alinvenice
alinvenice began at the beginning.

Device: nook
failed the epub check 100%. help! i'm too pretty to fail!

I have loaded this a few times but keep getting this message. Any ideas about how to fix this myself? I'd really appreciate it. My dashboard has a message saying my book failed the epub check 100%.

These are the error messages in the "Validating epub docs" window in the three press consulting page:

ERROR: adrift-how-discovering-i-was-switched-at-birth-changed-my-life-at-fifty.epub/tmp_2571a5caaa31e91b072d21b422e9a93b_QgeoWT.ch.fix ed.fc.tidied.stylehacked.xfixed_split_021.html(254 ): attribute "start" not allowed here; expected attribute "class", "dir", "id", "style", "title" or "xml:lang"

ERROR: adrift-how-discovering-i-was-switched-at-birth-changed-my-life-at-fifty.epub/tmp_2571a5caaa31e91b072d21b422e9a93b_QgeoWT.ch.fix ed.fc.tidied.stylehacked.xfixed_split_021.html(337 ): attribute "start" not allowed here; expected attribute "class", "dir", "id", "style", "title" or "xml:lang"
Check finished with warnings or errors!

I'm just trying to get my book up and going. i would really appreciate somebody telling me how to fix this problem.
Thanks. Al
alinvenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:22 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I'd guess you have some ordered list (<ol>) with the "start" attribute. This is not allowed in ePUB.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
alinvenice

Welcome to Mobileread Forums.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub error