Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Editing toc

I've used h1 for chapter titles, h2 for sections within a chapter. The page appearance is good. But the customer has sent it back - she's looking at the Contents panel in ADE and wants everything top-level. (I've given her a functional inline Contents page, but there's no point in arguing. Enough trouble explaining how she can't have it looking EXACTLY like the printed page in other ways :-)

I changed all the h2 tags to h1, recreated the toc, edited the book to back how it started. Could I have done this more easily by direct editing toc.ncx? I can't see from examining it how the hirearchy is set.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Yes you could have just edited the toc.ncx file. If you look closely (try it with a new "test" page book, containing only an h1 and an h2) you will see there is some fairly simple nesting of the <navpoint> elements. Just a case of "cutting" those nested <navpoint>...</navpoint> elements out to paste them after the parent's closing </navpoint> so that they are all at the same top level.

We hope to have a GUI for doing this in a future release.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
I changed all the h2 tags to h1, recreated the toc, edited the book to back how it started. Could I have done this more easily by direct editing toc.ncx?
You also could've used kiwidudes Modyfy ePub Calibre plugin for this. It has a Flatten TOC hierarchy in NCX file option.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Could I have done this more easily by direct editing toc.ncx? I can't see from examining it how the hirearchy is set.
You could have done it by directly editing the toc.ncx. "More easily" is extremely relative.

navPoints are nestable ... as per this example:
Code:
<navMap>
  <navPoint id="np_1" playOrder="1">
    <navLabel>
      <text>Blah</text>
    </navLabel>
    <content src="Text/part0001.xhtml"/>
    <navPoint id="np_2" playOrder="2">
      <navLabel>
        <text>1</text>
      </navLabel>
      <content src="Text/part0002.xhtml"/>
    </navPoint>
  </navPoint>
<navMap>
"Flattening" that same toc.ncx would necessitate un-nesting the navPoints (putting them on the same level):
Code:
<navMap>
  <navPoint id="np_1" playOrder="1">
    <navLabel>
       <text>Blah</text>
    </navLabel>
    <content src="Text/part0001.xhtml"/>
  </navPoint>
  <navPoint id="np_2" playOrder="2">
    <navLabel>
      <text>1</text>
    </navLabel>
    <content src="Text/part0002.xhtml"/>
  </navPoint>
<navMap>
Hope that helps!

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-12-2012 at 08:50 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes, that helps a lot! I'm ashamed for not seeing that nesting myself.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert