Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
PDF Book Trial

I loaded a couple PDF books today and started reading them. A short learning curve discovering dragging magnified page around screen to read a new area of page.

Double tap center of screen magnifies page or removes magnification.
Long tap center of screen pops up bottom menu with magnification adjustment and 90 degree screen rotation.

When reading magnified page, move magnified page beyond left or right screen edge to see page turn arrows or double tap center screen removing magnification then turn page by normal tap on left or right screen edge.

Thanks to touch screen, fast processor and good programming, this a responsive interface. All of this just works very well and with a little practice it becomes instinctive.

Kobo wifi with slow and clumsy PDF interface is not practical.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
filmo, thank you for this tutorial. It makes reading a PDF on the Kobo Touch a lot less painful and a lot more practical.

I have only one question remaining: How do you disable the little box in the upper left corner of the screen showing your position on the page? It often covers up what I'm trying to read, and I can't shift the page enough out from under it.

(edit) Ah, yes. To get rid of the little box? Take your thumb off the screen!

Last edited by rwhe; 08-21-2011 at 12:52 PM.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
You got it. I was wondering how to get rid of that box for a while. I also thought it needed a way to turn page while zoomed in enough to read. Then discovery of arrows on side.

Last edited by filmo; 08-21-2011 at 08:10 PM.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote