Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #16
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
U R Knot 1 uf us
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:59 PM   #17
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I was wondering what the heck a "borearend" was (his "device") but then I realized it must be an anagram for something. Apparently, it stands for "render a bo." Now, even a CG newbie would have little trouble rendering an image of a Japanese quarterstaff (being basically just a long cylinder after all) so it appears that the sick bastard is interested in producing lard from the Bo people in Gongxian County of southwest China's Sichuan Province, famous for their hanging coffins.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #18
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
I was wondering what the heck a "borearend" was (his "device") but then I realized it must be an anagram for something. Apparently, it stands for "render a bo." Now, even a CG newbie would have little trouble rendering an image of a Japanese quarterstaff (being basically just a long cylinder after all) so it appears that the sick bastard is interested in producing lard from the Bo people in Gongxian County of southwest China's Sichuan Province, famous for their hanging coffins.
Hanging coffins should never be confused with dangling sneezes!
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #19
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
*sings* Daisy, daisy, give me your answer true...
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:38 PM   #20
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardoz View Post
I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that.
The only way he can ever leave the forum is through the monolith!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:44 PM   #21
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
The only way he can ever leave the forum is through the monolith!
Did you know that the monolith actually exited in Stockholm? Yep. He actually said "My god, it's full of Lars."
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:29 AM   #22
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
E's a turrist!
It's tourist season already?? What's the limit this year?
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:46 AM   #23
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by borearend View Post
This forum is alive? If yes, please remove this topic and my account.
Did MR still all your left socks again? I hate when this happens. I'm sorry, there's not much we can do about it, you'll have to move country .

On a serious note, can we help this guy? Is there a way to close the account someplace?
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:09 AM   #24
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I think he might have signed up by mistake, thinking it was a mobile phone forum.

Just had a look at 'User CP', and surprised to see there's not an option to delete your account... No wonder we have so many members.

BTW... it was the strangest first post I've ever read on any forum.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:36 AM   #25
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by borearend View Post
This forum is alive? If yes, please remove this topic and my account.
Yes, it is (or was). It came alive on the 5th of March, 2009. And it manifested itself in the form of Lady Blue. However, it has been dormant since December... Maybe Alex killed it again or just muted its voice with on of the recent updates...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:38 AM   #26
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Silly? Um, it's a bot which is used as part of a vulnerability check by hackers.
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:42 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This is a spambot, and has been banned. Please ignore it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:51 AM   #28
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This is a spambot, and has been banned. Please ignore it.
Lame spambot - didn't even try to sell me anything!
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:59 AM   #29
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
I cracked up when this was originally in the N & C forum!

Last edited by Javed; 01-23-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #30
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
Did MR still all your left socks again? I hate when this happens. I'm sorry, there's not much we can do about it, you'll have to move country .
I keep ending up with someone else's socks in my laundry. Now, at first I assumed that they belonged to someone in another one of the units in my building. But, I put the stray hosiery in the lost and found pile in the laundry room and they haven't been claimed in over a week. This either means that:

1. A family with several small children somehow manages to do laundry less than once a week
2. There is a field of invisibility surrounding the lost and found pile, so the socks' owners can't find them
3. The socks don't belong to other tenants in my building, but are transported through the sock vortex from other dryers.

Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emotive octopusses, hugo and lefty, safety pins, socks