Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-11-2011, 02:33 AM   #1
GSITM
GSITM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Narration for Ebooks

Hey
I'm sorry if this is under the wrong categorie.

I am looking for a narration tool for Ebooks. I have used the Ipad voice over function and i like how it works but my problem is it sounds to much like a computer. I want to be able to listen to my books as if i was being read the story by another person.
Here is an example: http://freeclassicaudiobooks.com/aud...wyer_16-17.mp3
I realise this is a recording of an actual person, but i was hoping there was some software that could give a similar result.

Thanks guys
GSITM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
TAG_Keri
TAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: sony PRS-T1, Prs350, Kindle3Gwifi, MiGear
http://www.nextup.com/ has info on voices for PC/Mac. Not free.
I prefer Acapela Ryan or Lucy. You can have a listen to a prepared text sample on the links on the page. $35 for Acapela

http://www.cross-plus-a.com/balabolka.htm has a free text reader, but need voices as above. Or the MS ones that you have

Last edited by TAG_Keri; 10-22-2011 at 01:56 PM.
TAG_Keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Voice synthesis isn't yet up to what you want, I think. And although it has got a lot better in recent years, I think it'll be decades before voice synthesis comes close to matching a good recording of an actual person reading a book.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
Todd Young
Addict
Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I think you'd have to buy an audio book to get the quality you want.

http://www.audible.com/t1/CJ?source_...DG900SWS113010

I don't know if it would be possible to listen and read along. Is that the sort of thing you're after?
Todd Young is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
narration, software