Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Lovecraft, H.P.: The Complete Collection. V5. 11 September 2011

Here is the complete collection of fiction by H. P. Lovecraft that is available to the public domain. These are defined by the H. P. Lovcraft's listing in Wikipedia and all of the stories come from the H. P. Lovecraft Archive website.

Many thanks go to:
Pdurrant for providing the cover which can be found at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27083

Valloric for providing such an excellent tool in Sigil as this book was created using it.

Jellby for his list of corrections and finding that amazing font.

Prestidigitweeze for his support and help with the declaration page.

And lastly: All members of this fantastic site for providing such a great place for all us ebook enthusiasts.

All stories have been proof-read using the H. P. Lovecraft Archive site, if anyone has a better source, then feel free to double check the stories.

Lovecraft's juvenilia is available here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64574

Lovecraft's collaborations is available here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65671

Lovecraft's essays is available here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95822

Lovecraft's poetry is available here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96762

Enjoy.

Ver. 1 17th August 2010 (66 downloads)
Initial release.

Ver. 2 19th August 2010 (100 downloads for non-TOC & 42 downloads for TOC)
Added second file with a TOC page included. No other changes to the book.

Ver. 3 23rd August 2010 (175 downloads for non-TOC & 199 downloads for TOC)
Resolve an issue where the title was a bit inconsistant with that of the one on the title page.

Ver. 4 18th October 2010 (555 downloads for non-TOC & 674 downloads for TOC)
Reformatted entire file so as to make it more compatible with reading systems and for file conversion.

Ver. 5 11th September 2011
Updated numerous headings with a great looking font (Agatha). Nice find Jellby, I love it, and it looks very appropriate for Lovercraft.
After researching the use of "shew" instead of "show", I've changed to using "shew" where I have found evidence that that was the original spelling. This may lead to having a mix of the use of "shew" & "show" in the same volume, but if the original text is in a particular form, then I think these books of mine should reflect that.
I've also updated the declaration page with a version provided by Prestidigitweeze. It was much better than my existing one. I also used a modified version on my other volumes for consistancy.
I found some free-to-use fonts on a Lovecraft site for telegraph messages and newspaper heading and text that is supposed to be contemporary with the time-frame of his stories, so I've updated the telegraph messages and newpaper articles with these fonts.
Also found a large chunk missing from "The Call of Cthulhu" so have now added that as well.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Complete Fiction of H. P. Lovecraft.epub (1.46 MB, 3851 views)
File Type: epub Complete Fiction of H. P. Lovecraft-TOC.epub (1.46 MB, 4082 views)

Last edited by ghostyjack; 09-10-2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Added new version.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Stories included are:

The Nameless City
The Festival
The Colour Out of Space
The Call of Cthulhu
The Dunwich Horror
The Whisperer in Darkness
The Dreams in the Witch House
The Haunter of the Dark
The Shadow Over Innsmouth
Discarded Draft of "The Shadow Over Innsmouth"
The Shadow Out of Time
At the Mountains of Madness
The Case of Charles Dexter Ward
Azathoth
Beyond the Wall of Sleep
Celephaïs
Cool Air
Dagon
Ex Oblivione
Facts Concerning the Late Arthur Jermyn and His Family
From Beyond
He
Herbert West-Reanimator
Hypnos
In the Vault
Memory
Nyarlathotep
Pickman’s Model
The Book
The Cats of Ulthar
The Descendant
The Doom That Came to Sarnath
The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath
The Evil Clergyman
The Horror at Red Hook
The Hound
The Lurking Fear
The Moon-Bog
The Music of Erich Zann
The Other Gods
The Outsider
The Picture in the House
The Quest of Iranon
The Rats in the Walls
The Shunned House
The Silver Key
The Statement of Randolph Carter
The Strange High House in the Mist
The Street
The Temple
The Terrible Old Man
The Thing on the Doorstep
The Tomb
The Transition of Juan Romero
The Tree
The Unnamable
The White Ship
What the Moon Brings
Polaris
The Very Old Folk
Ibid
Old Bugs
Sweet Ermengarde, or, The Heart of a Country Girl
A Reminiscence of Dr. Samuel Johnson
The History of the Necronomicon
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
StephieKC
StephieKC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
GhostyJack - I think you did a lovely of formatting this collection, but it is difficult to navigate without a TOC.
StephieKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
ghostyjack
Guru

Point taken, it is something I'm working on but I thought I'd upload a version now without a TOC as I know some people prefer it that way and rather use the readers built-in TOC.

I plan on getting a second file uploaded which will include a TOC so that people will have a choice on what they want.

I should have the new file attached to the first post within a week and have added "TOC included" versions of my other Lovecraft work as well.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
nyrath
Addict
nyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfolded

Device: nook
Ummm, on my Nook, the eBook has a perfectly functional table of contents.

And I second StephieKC, ghostyjack did a quite professional job of formatting. This is a splendid eBook
nyrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
ghostyjack
Guru

The issue with the TOC is that some people prefer to have a page within the body of the book with a list of all the stories as links to the stories.

I personally prefer not to have this and rely on the readers built-in ability to display the TOC. That's why the initial release of this book has no TOC page in the book.

I'll have a second book attached here with this TOC page included and allow you to choose which one you want.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:51 AM   #7
ghostyjack
Guru

I've now added a second book to the first post.

This is the same are my original book but with now an added TOC page for those that either don't have a reader that can display a TOC or prefer to use a page within the book.

I originally tried creating it as a multi-level TOC to match what the reader would generate but this was massive, it made a page larger than some of the stories in the book. So instead I reduced it down to only the story titles. As it is, the TOC page is still pretty large, not surprising as there are 65 stories in this book at present.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #8
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Hi ghostyjack,

The book looks great and should be easy to read. I especially like your initial caps, and indented quotations.

I was wondering, though, whether you noticed the inconsistency in the titles?

For example, on my Sony PRS-505, in the library view, it shows your book as being called "Complete Works", but the title page picture says "The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft", while the title text in the book says "The Complete Fiction of H.P. Lovecraft"

It would be nice to have "H.P. Lovecraft" somewhere in the title in the library view since otherwise it requires opening the book to see what it's about
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #9
ghostyjack
Guru

Hmmm, odd. I'll have a look into that, I never noticed it.

I'm doing a bit of a check on the book anyway, I'll see if I can figure this out. If anyone has an Idea on whats gone wrong, then please let me know.

Thanks Radius for the comments about my book, I wasn't certain how well it came out. Cheers.

Last edited by ghostyjack; 08-23-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #10
ghostyjack
Guru

Figured it out, I forgot to update the title from the work-in-progress one. I'll stick up a version 3 to correct this. I also noticed the same for my other two Lovecraft books, I'll fix those as well.

I should be getting them up later tonight.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
ghostyjack
Guru

Ok, version 3 is uploaded with a corrected title in the metadata.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #12
hca2000
hca2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox, Bebook Mini, HTC Desire, Ipad, Kindle 3 Wifi
Thank you ghostyjack, it looks great. I haven't read H.P Lovecraft for years, and only some of his stories, so maybe now would be a good time to catch up.
hca2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #13
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
This is one seriously awesome collection. Thanks for taking the time to produce it!
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:03 AM   #14
ghostyjack
Guru

Thanks guys for all you comments, It's nice to know that it's appreciated by you all.

And thanks to you Valloric as this collection would have been a lot more difficult to put together if it wasn't for Sigil. It's a fantastic programme for epub editing and creation, I love it.

BTW, a new version of all my books is going to be released soon as I am redoing the formatting so as to attempt a level of "future-proofing" as I've got several issues in them that look OK with the current readers but may prove to be a total mess on newer readers.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #15
ghostyjack
Guru

Version 4 is now available with completely redone formatting. Most of the changes are non-visible, but will (I hope) make the file a bit more compatible with different reading systems and improve the appearance after converting to a different format.