Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
policeman0077
policeman0077 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Kobo wifi was abandoned?

What's least firmware of kobo wifi? I notice it seems not updating for a long time. And very few developments have made for this device. Was it already abandoned by kobo?
policeman0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Realistically I wouldn't expect another Wifi update. It looked at one point like their might be, but nothing on it for a long time. Don't have it near me so I can't say what last update was for it. In fairness they did improve it significantly from release, so while it might be nice to have new features that would be an unrealistic expectation at this point.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
There was update for Kobo wifi a little after KT was released. I remember talk of more development for Kobo wifi with request for volunteer testers but that was before they were bought by the Japanese company. The Kobo wifi software is good with few problems but doesn't have book shelves. Better that it still works than introducing new bugs is my thought. Only remaining problem is stiff 5 way switch cover that cracks or seperates from plastic and makes switch hard to operate. Mine are way past warranty, still works, but seldom used. Gave one away to a relative that likes it.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote