Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Sethman
Enthusiast
Sethman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Restoring Youtube

Well I finally took the plunge and went for it.

I'm having a couple of problems 1st being that Youtube would not work when tapping the button in the extras section. It did work when signing in during the install process.

So I used NookColor Tools to uninstall it, but I can't seem to find out how to reinstall it. I wasn't wanting to going through the ADB process. Is there a simple way to bring it back?

Also I was trying at first to use Titanium Backup, but it tells me I have to go to my phone settings and in applications tick unknown sources. I can't seem to find this either?

Thanks for any help on these.
Sethman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Did you try this and it didn't work?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=182

Here is a link to the signed .apk file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ql6v72qia20wkh7
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
Sethman
Enthusiast

Youtube was uninstalled so it doesn't show up with Nookcolor tools or Titanium.

How do I get the .apk file into the Nook? Is that the only way to get it via a computer?
Old 01-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Plug up your device and transfer the file to your SD card. Click on it to install. You'll need to install a file manager from Market then access the file via the file manager. Astro is a popular one.

Edit: Try to come here first for help. Many of us have been through what you and others experience. It could save you some time.

Last edited by SCION; 01-23-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Sethman
Enthusiast

Ok I did it, click on app and click on install. It says install blocked install of download apks not supported!!
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant

Relax. Go to NOOKcolor Tools and make sure the box for "Enable Non-Market Apps" is checked. If it is, uncheck and recheck. You may have to reboot.

Last edited by SCION; 01-23-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
Sethman
Enthusiast

Scion, you are a computer wizard.

That really did the trick. What a learning experience that's for sure.

On my 2nd question.

Titanium Backup, but it tells me I have to go to my phone settings and in applications tick unknown sources. I can't seem to find this either?

The app said that if I didn't do the above I wouldn't be able to restore.

Many many thanks for your help.

Sethman
Old 01-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

I assume it's referring to what you've done already in NOOKcolor Tools (Enable Non-Market Apps). I only use Titanium to access the wipe data option for an app. I use MyBackup Pro for backup and restore. Some prefer Titanium.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethman View Post
Scion, you are a computer wizard.
I'm just able to recall how people solved their issues from reading threads here and on other forums.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #10
Sethman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I assume it's referring to what you've done already in NOOKcolor Tools (Enable Non-Market Apps). I only use Titanium to access the wipe data option for an app. I use MyBackup Pro for backup and restore. Some prefer Titanium.
Thanks. If I can't get it to work, I'll checkout MyBackup Pro.

BTW outside of that one Youtube glitch it all went extremely smooth!!!

Regards
Old 01-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #11
Rasenganfan2
Rasenganfan2 began at the beginning.

I have a question... is it possible to sideload apps without using an SD card? My mom is the only one in the house with a microsd, and while she'd let me use it, I seem to have lost her card post-root. Yeah, I fl, but on the bright side, I haz cereal
Rasenganfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Most apps you can download directly from the Market.

For those unique apps like youtube (where you want a special version) you can always plug the device in to a computer using the cable ... and then copy the .apk to the media; and then use a file explorer to browse and install the .apk file.

Or you can use the adb program on your desktop/laptop to install files directly.

Or you can install dropbox (from the Market) and install dropbox on your laptop/desktop and transfer files that way.

But a $10 SD is also a pretty easy way.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote