Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-05-2015, 10:05 AM   #1
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Autofill Options metadata fields

I recently had to shift my library onto a new computer, and have been trying to get my setting in calibre back to "normal". One thing that I still haven't been able to figure out is how to modify the suggested autofill options so that it tries to match the text you've typed within any existing tag.

Example:
I have a tag/sub-tag "Fiction.Fantasy"
If I type "Fantasy" in a tag field, it doesn't autosuggest "Fiction.Fantasy" since it's matching from the beginning of the string rather than at any point within the string.

How do I change that behavior so that typing "Fantasy" or ".Fantasy" would pull up "Fiction.Fantasy" as a suggested tag?
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
I recently had to shift my library onto a new computer, and have been trying to get my setting in calibre back to "normal". One thing that I still haven't been able to figure out is how to modify the suggested autofill options so that it tries to match the text you've typed within any existing tag.

Example:
I have a tag/sub-tag "Fiction.Fantasy"
If I type "Fantasy" in a tag field, it doesn't autosuggest "Fiction.Fantasy" since it's matching from the beginning of the string rather than at any point within the string.

How do I change that behavior so that typing "Fantasy" or ".Fantasy" would pull up "Fiction.Fantasy" as a suggested tag?
did you remember to adjust the setting for hierarchical fields? Preferences: Look and Feel: Tag Browser

( those settings are Per Library (stored in the Library) and should have made it over if you copied the entire Library folder. Per USER settings are in the configuration folder)

If you still have your old HD, you can copy the entire configuration folder over. Usually All you will need to fix is the lost Library location (names) with switch/create
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2015, 03:47 PM   #3
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

@theducks: Yeah, I copied over the whole library but this functionality didn't transfer. As for the tag browser, I'm not sure that's the issue—or if it is, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

The problem isn't when I'm looking through the tag browser, the problem is when I'm trying to type in a metadata field.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:31 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The configuration directory is not stored in the same location as the library...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:55 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The configuration directory is not stored in the same location as the library...

In main GUI program (library manager) go to Preferences->Miscellaneous and click Open configuration directory and you'll be at its location - it depends on the OS you're using where that might be.

BR

@PeterT the above is in my paste 'library"

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-05-2015 at 05:58 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2015, 06:55 PM   #6
ElMiko
Addict

Which files should I be transferring? tweaks.py?
Old 09-05-2015, 07:04 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Which files should I be transferring? tweaks.py?
IMHO Copy the whole thing.
Usually the only thing that might be (wanted) different would the Libtary(ies) locations.
That is fixed with the Library icons options.
Settings are in various files. Tweaks... Uh that is Preferences: Tweaks

FWIW done this many times: even Win > Linux
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:47 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ElMiko - all of the above

And Windows to Mac and back again

If perchance it should wreak havoc, you can reset with the Welcome wizard.

BR
Old 09-06-2015, 04:43 PM   #9
ElMiko
Addict

My concern is this: I have already all but set up calibre on my new computer. So i don't want to overwrite my current settings with stale settings from my old computer. All I really want to be able to do is get metadata inputs to match within existing strings rather than just at the beginning.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:37 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
My concern is this: I have already all but set up calibre on my new computer. So i don't want to overwrite my current settings with stale settings from my old computer. All I really want to be able to do is get metadata inputs to match within existing strings rather than just at the beginning.
@ElMiko - so browse Preferences->Tweaks to find relevant items or search for something like 'completion' and set as required - search box is at top. Or read the manual Tweaks Ψ²

BR
Old 09-07-2015, 09:41 AM   #11
ElMiko
Addict

For the record, I was finally able to figure this out. It was a tweak to the completion mode, changing it to:
Code:
completion_mode = 'contains'