Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 04:00 AM   #16
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
can it connect to a wifi network which is not broadcasting and SSID? I know my Roku box can have a problem when I shut off the SSID...I know, I know...it's still easy to see if you really are looking. But hey, every leetle bit helps...

Given that WPA has been cracked, we run nothing less than WPA2 with a HUGE key which I do change periodically (lots of kids getting to "that age" in the neighborhood so I wanna give them a moving target for as long as I can... ). How does the 302 deal with WPA2 and long keys?
WPA2 here too. No probs. Except that you have to change the password whenever you change it. The virtual keyboard is quite good and so hat's no trouble whatsoever. My only problem with WPA2 is the fact that sometimes I lose my way in all those numbers.

I got a Fritz Box VDSL if you're wondering.

As for 1, I have never tried that yet.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #17
obale
Enthusiast
obale began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Could I buy the Pocketbook 302 on the CEBIT? And if yes, is there a discount?
obale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #18
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by obale View Post
Could I buy the Pocketbook 302 on the CEBIT? And if yes, is there a discount?
We are not allowed to sell anything at the CEBIT. But please come see us!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #19
obale
Enthusiast
obale began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
We are not allowed to sell anything at the CEBIT. But please come see us!
I've planned to visit the CEBIT, but now I'm not sure. It's a relative far way.
obale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:03 AM   #20
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
WPA2 here too. No probs. Except that you have to change the password whenever you change it. The virtual keyboard is quite good and so hat's no trouble whatsoever. My only problem with WPA2 is the fact that sometimes I lose my way in all those numbers.

I got a Fritz Box VDSL if you're wondering.

As for 1, I have never tried that yet.
thanks MT...

I had never run across the Fritz! Box devices before...I did a fast google and they look pretty nice. I love the DECT/VoIP integration. I had been looking at VOIP phones and have really been looking at DECT options as well. Gonna have to do some more research on the Fritz stuff and see how they stack up vs. my Linksys devices here at home.

And, oh, thanks for the input on the WPA2...and no matter how the on-screen keyboard works, it will be light years better than entering my keys on the Roku box. In-fact, I am pondering pulling some cable to hard-wire them (we have a few of them around the house) instead. But I HATE pulling cable, I am too old for that stuff...hehehehe...

Anyway, looking forward to more details on the 302 as they start hitting the end users.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2010, 01:28 AM   #21
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
In this shop, called Bookland (www.bookland.net), Pocketbook also offers a wealth of free books in English, German and French.
Only thing I see is what looks like Russian.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:34 AM   #22
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Only thing I see is what looks like Russian.
This week will appear in English and German version of the site, with English and German books.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookland, cebit, pocketbook 302