Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-31-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Alternate Keyboards?

Anybody been able to implement alternate keyboards on their Fire/ I downloaded the Kii keyboard which seems to do everything except show up. Installs, allows adjustment of settings. But all I get is the regular keyboard.

-----Paul-----

No, I'm not rooted.
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Finally got the Kii keyboard to work. Turns out, when you finally get thru setup to the keyboard selection screen, it isn't listed as Kii. It just says QWERTY. I like it. Very nice having a numbers row.
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Google Nexus 4
Wow. I thought you had to be rooted to change the keyboard. I've tried to install Swiftkey Tablet and failed. If anyone knows how to do this without root please let me know! I'd love to have Swiftkey Tablet on my 8.9" Fire.
runtmms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
Hacker's keyboard from 1mobile market is another good one that works on KFHD.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire, keyboard