Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
pienjo
pienjo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
Nook Classic and Tablet on the same account

Hello,

My wife and I bought a Nook Classic (When it was still called Nook Wifi a few years ago. I'm still pretty happy with it, and I'd like to continue using it. I bought several books for it, and I don't want to lose them.

A few weeks ago, I got my wife a Tablet for her birthday, with the intention she could use it to read magazines. Both Tablet and Nook Classic are registered on the same account - my wife's.

Everything seems to work OK, except that her tablet is littered with my books, and her magazines keep popping up on my Classic (even though many of them don't even work). If she decides to get rid of my nerdy programming books on her tablet it will also archive them on my nook, and if I decide that I don't really need all those cooking magazines taking up space on the Classic, it'll also remove them from the tablet.

Is there a way to fix this, other than setting up two accounts? The latter would be difficult, as we're not US-based. I am Dutch, and we live in the Netherlands. My wife is American, and she still has her old bank account and credit card with US billing address at my in-laws. Setting up a second credit card with US billing address would be hard.

Thanks for any suggestions
pienjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pienjo View Post
Hello,

My wife and I bought a Nook Classic (When it was still called Nook Wifi a few years ago. I'm still pretty happy with it, and I'd like to continue using it. I bought several books for it, and I don't want to lose them.

A few weeks ago, I got my wife a Tablet for her birthday, with the intention she could use it to read magazines. Both Tablet and Nook Classic are registered on the same account - my wife's.

Everything seems to work OK, except that her tablet is littered with my books, and her magazines keep popping up on my Classic (even though many of them don't even work). If she decides to get rid of my nerdy programming books on her tablet it will also archive them on my nook, and if I decide that I don't really need all those cooking magazines taking up space on the Classic, it'll also remove them from the tablet.

Is there a way to fix this, other than setting up two accounts? The latter would be difficult, as we're not US-based. I am Dutch, and we live in the Netherlands. My wife is American, and she still has her old bank account and credit card with US billing address at my in-laws. Setting up a second credit card with US billing address would be hard.

Thanks for any suggestions
If you want to create a second account you only need a different e-mail address (as the login name of your account). You can use the same credit card and US billing address.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2012, 05:36 AM   #3
pienjo
pienjo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
Thanks, I didn't realize this. That would definitely fix (well, work around) the problem.
pienjo is offline   Reply With Quote