Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Harry Harrison - The Ethical Engineer

For those who like Harry Harrison, the magazine version of his second Deathworld novel - The Ethical Engineer is now available on Project Gutenberg US. The text has significant variations from the novel version, but still looks interesting.

In my personal opinion, the second Deathworld novel was the best book he ever wrote...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Weellllll, I would tell one of these Moderators to get busy and make an ebook - that's would I would do if I felt like talking!!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
SilverBear
ἄρκτος ὁ Μέγας
SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
For those who like Harry Harrison, the magazine version of his second Deathworld novel - The Ethical Engineer is now available on Project Gutenberg US. The text has significant variations from the novel version, but still looks interesting.

In my personal opinion, the second Deathworld novel was the best book he ever wrote...
Thanks, RSE!
Harry Harrison is one of my old must-read authors. And I don't think I ever read that one.
SilverBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Weellllll, I would tell one of these Moderators to get busy and make an ebook - that's would I would do if I felt like talking!!

Don

One doesn't tell kind volunteers. One politely asks, and thanks.....
Old 01-19-2010, 05:31 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
One doesn't tell kind volunteers. One politely asks, and thanks.....
You're right: I should have used the word "ask."

I would hazard a guess that a certain someone here is going to be working on it soon, or is in the process of working on it right now

The bets are on and the reality of this is as certain as a wild, unruly cat running into the middle of the road on a dark, humid night where the owls hoot and the streams of cars flash by as quickly as hot, steaming coffee poured into the waiting cups of a dehydrated crew of road workers. WHEW! [Ok! Not the best sentence, but it was written very, very quickly! ]

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-19-2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You're right: I should have used the word "ask."

I would hazard a guess that a certain someone here is going to be working on it soon, or is in the process of working on it right now

The bets are on and the reality of this is as certain as a wild, unruly cat running into the middle of the road on a dark, humid night where the owls hoot and the streams of cars flash by as quickly as hot, steaming coffee poured into the waiting cups of a dehydrated crew of road workers. WHEW! [Ok! Not the best sentence, but it was written very, very quickly! ]

Don

If anybody is going to work on it, the first deathworld magazine version is also on P.G. US, Omnibus?
Old 01-19-2010, 10:59 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I just now finished working on the LRF version.

I'll post it now.

I decided not to include a TOC; but if you want one, I'll go back and put one in. No problem - just let know.

(The battery is out on my mouse, and putting this novel together without a mouse is hell.)

Don