Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #751
Almiel
regrets buying PocketBook
Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CoolReader (Android), Pocketbook 360 Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
You need to use a better anagram generator. The correct answer was: Vitriol Stew
That was my favorite too, and was about to post it!
Almiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #752
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
OK everyone, attention:
I´ve submitted ravenne my answer, along with the promise not to participate if I´m wrong, on day 4, and someone apperently one person beat me to it. (I did know on day 2, but did not tell anyone back then.)

Now I am asking:
Who was the only one, that was faster than me?
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #753
macr0t0r
Connoisseur
macr0t0r doesn't littermacr0t0r doesn't litter

Device: Palm Treo 680, Sony Reader
Suddenly I'm hearing, "I'll guess it with ONE note!" Can't remember the gameshow...

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #754
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I'm sure there must be someone that guessed the title before the contest even started.
Pilotbob maybe?
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #755
JanuaryF
Connoisseur
JanuaryF began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r View Post
Suddenly I'm hearing, "I'll guess it with ONE note!" Can't remember the gameshow...

- Jim
"Name That Tune" - a classic.
JanuaryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #756
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
I'm sure there must be someone that guessed the title before the contest even started.
Pilotbob maybe?
Go back a few pages and you'll see that this assumption was correct..
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #757
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Oops, yes! The evidence was there all along!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:39 AM   #758
rhmorrison
Connoisseur
rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle 3 (WLAN) & hp Jornada 568
I guessed it on day 3 but wasn't sure until day 8!

Day 3:

1. Absurdistan
2. Artemis Fowl
3. Bitter Fruit
4. Born to Exile
5. The Cardinal
6. Coastliners
7. Crystal City
8. The Cyberiad
9. The Darkling
10. Distant Star
11. The Diviners
12. Dreamtigers
13. The Drifters
14. The Exorcist
15. Face the Fire
16. Fingersmith
17. Firestarter
18. The First Man
19. Generations
20. The Grey King
21. Grim Tuesday
22. The Iron Heel
23. Lord of Light
24. Lost Horizon
25. Mental Radio
26. Mother Night
27. The Neutrino
28. Oliver Twist
29. The Outsider
30. Le Pre Goriot
31. The Prestige
32. Rabbit Redux
33. The Ragwitch
34. The Republic
35. Ride the Wind
36. The Risk Pool
37. Rogue Nation
38. Sir Thursday
39. South Riding
40. Straight Man
41. The Survivor
42. Tribal Scars
43. La Virevolte
44. Wartime Lies
45. Was It Murder
46. Wintersmith
47. Winter Wheat
48. Wyrd Sisters
49. The Yearling

The book title must consist of exactly

11 characters

and contain the following characters:

1 x 'R'.
1 x 'T'.
1 x 'I'.

Total matching book titles found: 49
Book titles with 11 characters..: 189
Total number of books processed.: 3910

-----------

Day 7:

1. Artemis Fowl
2. Oliver Twist

11 characters

1 x 'O'.
1 x 'R'.
1 x 'S'.
1 x 'T'.
1 x 'I'.
1 x 'W'.
1 x 'L'.

Total matching book titles found: 2

And after the Day 8 letter there was only ONE!

"Es kann nur eine geben!" - Duncan McCloud
rhmorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:46 AM   #759
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I figured it was a book with a given name as well... But I didn't know any books with a given name as title...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:49 AM   #760
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhmorrison View Post
30. Le Pre Goriot
Just so you know, I strongly suspect that this one should be "Le Père Goriot".
I suppose the script or the source doesn't handle accented chars well.

Last edited by Gaurnim; 12-15-2009 at 03:56 AM.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:59 AM   #761
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Hey!!! There's no W in that title
It's upside down: W->M
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #762
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhmorrison View Post
I guessed it on day 3 but wasn't sure until day 8!

Day 3:
-----------

Day 7:

1. Artemis Fowl
2. Oliver Twist

11 characters

1 x 'O'.
1 x 'R'.
1 x 'S'.
1 x 'T'.
1 x 'I'.
1 x 'W'.
1 x 'L'.

Total matching book titles found: 2

And after the Day 8 letter there was only ONE!

"Es kann nur eine geben!" - Duncan McCloud
Nice job on automating it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #763
jankovicgood
Connoisseur
jankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enough

Device: sony
Sorry, are the winners already selected? Are you going to contact them by PM?
jankovicgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #764
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jankovicgood View Post
Sorry, are the winners already selected? Are you going to contact them by PM?
yes and yes. Announcement coming soon.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #765
omk3
Wizard

I suggest you hide the winners' usernames somewhere in the forum, and then we'll have to look for them! On golden stars, preferably!

Tags
contest, pocketebook, winter