Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Crossword puzzles?

I just got a flash of thought--is there any way to import a crossword to the Touch (and presumably the Daily when it comes out)? Or Sudoku, I guess, although I've never personally seen the fun in that. Just seems like with the handwritten note-taking aspect it would be pretty ideally suited to this niche if you could get a file to display properly (e.g. grid on one page, "across" clues on another, "down" clues on a third).....
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
CraftyDan
Zealot
CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PRS-600 and PRS-350
Haven't stumbled on a crossword per say, but for Sudoku I've found a site that generates a PDF set per day.

http://krazydad.com/puzzles/

In the large print, it comes out nice enough to "take notes" on.

The site has a collection of other puzzles, the Anticrostics might peak your interest, since they're "crosswordish". you might want to look for PDF crosswords(and large print at that) or PDF printing crossword webpages, since the rendering is fixed by the file.

Dan <><
CraftyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2009, 11:49 PM   #3
CraftyDan
Zealot
CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PRS-600 and PRS-350
Ok, that was silly.

I didn't notice the "CROSSWORDS" link 6 links below the "SUDOKU" link.

Well, there you go. even checked out a link or two and some of them are available in a decent sized PDF.

Hope your Eyesight is up to it! (obviously, mines not!)

Dan <><
CraftyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Thanks! I wonder if any of them import over OK.....If/when I get a reader, I'll at least know where to get some to try!

I noticed on those links that there seems to be a special file type/program that exists for puzzles. It would be keen if that could be made to work on readers!
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote