Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
BNGA
BNGA began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Copying Books from 1 Library to Another -- HELP

I've searched for an answer to this and couldn't find one so here is my question.

I usually pull in 50 books at a time in an empty library in Calibre and I will fix what needs fixing and then when finished I will copy then over to other libraries and delete them out of my empty library. Well when I pull in the 50 books at a time if there are duplicates it will pop up saying there are. Now my question is when copying books to different libraries is there a way that it can tell me that I'm sending a duplicate book to that certain library.

Gosh I hope that makes sense and that someone can help me out here.

Many many thanks Bridget
BNGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Out of curiosity, why do you use the "blank" library? For my library, I've created a field called MetaFix (a yes/no field). When I import books, that field is blank. When I've cleaned up the metadata for a book, I check that field. I've created a search that shows me only books that have MetaFix = false so that I can quickly find the new books that I need to clean up.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
BNGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
Out of curiosity, why do you use the "blank" library? For my library, I've created a field called MetaFix (a yes/no field). When I import books, that field is blank. When I've cleaned up the metadata for a book, I check that field. I've created a search that shows me only books that have MetaFix = false so that I can quickly find the new books that I need to clean up.

I do that because I have so many books to count and if I try to load all books into just one library it makes it slow down to a crawl. It's just something I do, my libraries are in folders of authors by last name, so Stephen King would be in my K library and Anne Rice would be in my R library.

Bridget
Old 08-24-2012, 05:53 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@BNGA - I think kiwidudes Find Dpulicates plugin may help you https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131017

He recently added a feature to find inter library duplicates - if you run it before the copy then you can cull any duplicates--- or whatever is appropriate.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
BNGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@BNGA - I think kiwidudes Find Dpulicates plugin may help you https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131017

He recently added a feature to find inter library duplicates - if you run it before the copy then you can cull any duplicates--- or whatever is appropriate.

BR
Okay, tysvm, I have that plugin but I didn't know it did that.

Again thanks.

Bridget
Advert