Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #16
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
I'm pleasantly surprised that html files work pretty well on my jetBook. For the first time, a company actually under-promotes its product. The ability to read html is a very useful feature, but isn't mentioned anywhere on jetBook's site.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #17
Schopenhauer
Schopenhauer is on a distinguished road

Device: JetBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
I'm pleasantly surprised that html files work pretty well on my jetBook. For the first time, a company actually under-promotes its product. The ability to read html is a very useful feature, but isn't mentioned anywhere on jetBook's site.
You say "quite well". Could you specify that a bit..

Also if someone out there knows if there is a "hyperlinking" feature in any other format then pdf. Im still interested to know.
Schopenhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #18
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Hyperlinking

At this time the JB does not support any hyperlinking of any kind
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #19
Schopenhauer
Schopenhauer is on a distinguished road

Device: JetBook
There seems to be different points of view here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8npwrfl View Post
At this time the JB does not support any hyperlinking of any kind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
It supports internal linkage only in PDF, primarily as bookmarks for a table of contents.
But pdf seems to be quite slow/almost unusable on jbl i heard...

I wonder WHY, technically speaking, there cant be a primitive form of html navigation in a jetbook since a 286 computer or a ancient mobilephone got it?

BTW, gr8npwrf how is things going with android on jbl. That would take care of all this html-stuff splendedly. Would revolutionize the jetbook the way rockbox revolusionized ipod

Take care,
Schoppy

Last edited by Schopenhauer; 02-12-2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: typo
Schopenhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #20
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schopenhauer View Post
You say "quite well". Could you specify that a bit..
In that I'm able to open the html, with linked images properly displayed, and formatting is just right. This saves the trouble to converting it to epub.

Hyperlink isn't supported though.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
html, jetbook, xhtml