Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #61
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Zelda, could you do a 'souvenir' comparison of the Opus with let's say a Sony 700, I mean which would you rather have? I'm really really really really really really really really reallyinterested.
I just discovered that they sell the Gen3 in Montréal at Archambault, that would be perfect. Sent them an email, I hope they answer...
difficult question, since i would like to have them both !

to me, they could be quite complementary.

the opus has no touch screen, so no notes, no search, not as easy navigation, etc. and honestly i would miss that.

BUT it is so compact and so lightweight it's really perfect for carrying with you *everywhere*. i take my sony with me most of the time, but if i'm going only a short distance and don't expect to have any reading time, like to meet a friend nearby, i leave it at home. recently i was really frustrated when i went to the theater without it (well, normally i would have taken it for the métro ride, but i left in a hurry and forgot) and there was a 20-minute intermission. i think the opus would never leave my bag because i would barely notice it was there. the opus has also much better ergonomy than other current models, the two buttons on the side are really nice and convenient and they allow you hold it comfortably in either hand, and using only one hand. excellent for reading in the métro, particularly when it's crowded and you have to stand.

and, the opus will be much cheaper than the 700.

to be honest i'm not sure they're really comparable.

but i am drooling too.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #62
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
video action !

see the first one, showing the navigation and the interface (including folders), here. my arm and part of my skirt make a cameo appearance in this film.
Zelda have you ever thought about being an arm and part of skirt model? You could quit your day job. I will be your manager and take only 25%. I have connections in the arm and part of skirt advertising business.

Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #63
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Zelda have you ever thought about being an arm and part of skirt model? You could quit your day job. I will be your manager and take only 25%. I have connections in the arm and part of skirt advertising business.

i hadn't really considered it, but does it pay well ? 25% sounds fair to me, especially if you have connections.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:38 PM   #64
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
i hadn't really considered it, but does it pay well ? 25% sounds fair to me, especially if you have connections.
Well my last client was pretty big in a forum devoted to bacon haiku's (http://baconhaikus.wordpress.com/) and she made enough money to fly out about 300 bacon haiku devotees to the 1st annual bacon haiku meet up held in Monaco last spring.

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 07-07-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #65
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
difficult question, since i would like to have them both !

to me, they could be quite complementary.

the opus has no touch screen, so no notes, no search, not as easy navigation, etc. and honestly i would miss that.

BUT it is so compact and so lightweight it's really perfect for carrying with you *everywhere*. i take my sony with me most of the time, but if i'm going only a short distance and don't expect to have any reading time, like to meet a friend nearby, i leave it at home. recently i was really frustrated when i went to the theater without it (well, normally i would have taken it for the métro ride, but i left in a hurry and forgot) and there was a 20-minute intermission. i think the opus would never leave my bag because i would barely notice it was there. the opus has also much better ergonomy than other current models, the two buttons on the side are really nice and convenient and they allow you hold it comfortably in either hand, and using only one hand. excellent for reading in the métro, particularly when it's crowded and you have to stand.

and, the opus will be much cheaper than the 700.

to be honest i'm not sure they're really comparable.

but i am drooling too.
The 700 would have been great there with the lighting.

But still the Opus would be much better than my ole 500.

I think Cat would agree!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #66
Jill74
Banned
Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Yeah, that is an awesome device.

Jill74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:05 AM   #67
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
i can't tell you the specs you ask about, i'm not sure, but hopefully someone else remembers.
The Bookeen's guys said that it's nearly the same as the Gen3.

Are you sure that astak have a 5" with the Epson ? The EB500 is an apollo driven and netronix does not have any other 5" device.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:26 AM   #68
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Well my last client was pretty big in a forum devoted to bacon haiku's (http://baconhaikus.wordpress.com/) and she made enough money to fly out about 300 bacon haiku devotees to the 1st annual bacon haiku meet up held in Monaco last spring.
well i'm convinced. where do i sign ?

Quote:
The 700 would have been great there with the lighting.

But still the Opus would be much better than my ole 500.

I think Cat would agree!
well... they turn the lights back on, for the intermission. but i was stuck in the middle of the row and on either side of me were a lot of people who didn't move, and i didn't want to climb past them so i just had to sit there and read the program (over, and over, and over...). i so missed my 700...
Old 07-08-2009, 05:36 AM   #69
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
well... they turn the lights back on, for the intermission. but i was stuck in the middle of the row and on either side of me were a lot of people who didn't move, and i didn't want to climb past them so i just had to sit there and read the program (over, and over, and over...). i so missed my 700...
Bummer!
I guess I'm lucky to never go alone at such events, we always have something to discuss.

You should have a few pencils and paper stashed in that carry bag. I remember drawing basic outlines of people when I was alone. I know you have the talent for it. Drawing outlines is the toughest thing to master and is the thing to practice. What better event, free models!

Did Michael Dahan talk about a release date?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:40 AM   #70
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Bummer!
I guess I'm lucky to never go alone at such events, we always have something to discuss.
yes, you are lucky. strangely, i have a lot of trouble finding people who want to accompany me to see contemporary dance, thus when i take my subscription i go ahead and take it for one and don't worry about trying to coordinate with anyone else. although i recently convinced a girlfriend to try it out and she likes it a lot, so perhaps in future she can come with me.

Quote:
You should have a few pencils and paper stashed in that carry bag. I remember drawing basic outlines of people when I was alone. I know you have the talent for it. Drawing outlines is the toughest thing to master and is the thing to practice. What better event, free models!
i invariably do. but i was mostly staring at a sea of the back of people's heads. also i rarely feel like drawing if strangers will be staring at me.

Quote:
Did Michael Dahan talk about a release date?
it should be released very soon, but i don't know if they have an official release date or not. but very soon. very, very soon.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:26 AM   #71
zelda_pinwheel

new video : the accelerometer !
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...-rotation_tech

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 07-08-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:52 AM   #72
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
That's the killer one
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #73
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
That's the killer one
yes, it's nice, isn't it ?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #74
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
The Bookeen's guys said that it's nearly the same as the Gen3.

Are you sure that astak have a 5" with the Epson ? The EB500 is an apollo driven and netronix does not have any other 5" device.
The Astak Pocket Pro is indeed a 5" device with the Epson controller, but it is done by Jinke, just like their EZReader, not Netronix. The Pocket Pro will also look quite a bit like the EZReader though the processer will also be much faster, a 400 (mhz?) processer rather than the 200 though I do not recall the exact specification at the moment.
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #75
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraD View Post
The Astak Pocket Pro is indeed a 5" device with the Epson controller, but it is done by Jinke, just like their EZReader, not Netronix. The Pocket Pro will also look quite a bit like the EZReader though the processer will also be much faster, a 400 (mhz?) processer rather than the 200 though I do not recall the exact specification at the moment.
See the E-book Reader Matrix. I was under the impression that the EB500 also included the Epson controller, but I have now corrected the matrix to show only 4 grey levels for the Opus and the 360°.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote