Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #241
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Payne View Post
The bugs that piss me off the most are a) getting advanced several pages rather than one page when swiping, and b) getting partly filled pages and orphans. Both of these intrude themselves repeatedly while you're reading a book.

Both of these seem to be just as bad or worse with 2.8.1 compared to 2.6.1 (Aura HD).
Agree, except I had problem a with 2.6.1 already (and with tapping rather than swiping).
But as to b), I just found this elsewhere on the forums, may be it helps?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=158
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:23 AM   #242
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Known bug. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...39#post2494439 for this and all the other bookmark bugs. There is a workaround, put the epubs on the SD card.
I added it, so we start to split your bug report

Confirmed Bugs

Bug: Displayed percentage of bookmarks are 0% on book reopening
Device: Glo, Touch
From Firmware: 2.4.0
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #243
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I admit I didn't read the whole 16 pages of this thread
You don't need to do it, just read the first post and follow the instructions
Old 09-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #244
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
[...] hyphenation dictionary works with regular (Adobe) epubs but not with kepubs.
I don't know if this can be considered a bug. Hyphenation is still a css3 specification at draft stage as far as I know.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #245
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Uncofirmed for now.

Unconfirmed Bugs

Bug: Kobo frezees when jumping to a character from ToC of a kepub with embedded fonts
Device: Glo
From Firmware: 2.8.1
Old 09-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #246
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutisk View Post
Wireless (wifi) is shut down prematurely on restricted network connections.
Let me rewrite it

Product: Glo, Touch, Mini
Firmware: 2.8.1
Plugins: none
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Try to use the browser without a wifi connection, or connect to a netwrok that needs login after connection
Current result: Kobo tries to connect to http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html and if that page is not reachable the wifi is turned of. So you can't use the browser app if you're not connected and you can't connect to a network that doesn't allow you immediately.

Workaround: read this thread

Confirmed Bugs

Bug: Can't connect to network that needs login after connection, or use the browser without a connection
Device: Glo, Touch, Mini
From Firmware: 2.8.1

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 09-02-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:39 AM   #247
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
And another : I can't remove the page number in the right margin even if the box is not checked in the parameters...

Any way to workaround ?
I have noticed this too. If you turn off the page numbers, it does not remember the setting for new books you open:

Open new book.
See page number in right margin.
Go to Settings, Reading settings. "Show page numbers in the margins" is NOT ticked (but they are still being displayed). Tick it.
Close Settings.
Go to Settings, Reading settings again. "Show page numbers in the margins" is ticked. Untick it.
Close Settings.

Page numbers in the right margin now disabled for the current book, but they will come back when you open a new book, so you will have to switch them off again.

This has only been a problem in recent firmwares; 2.5.2 I think was OK. This is on my Aura HD firmware 2.8.1.

Last edited by ShellShock; 09-08-2013 at 04:15 AM.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:38 AM   #248
rtype
Enthusiast
rtype doesn't litterrtype doesn't litterrtype doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Payne View Post
The bugs that piss me off the most are a) getting advanced several pages rather than one page when swiping, and b) getting partly filled pages and orphans. Both of these intrude themselves repeatedly while you're reading a book.

Both of these seem to be just as bad or worse with 2.8.1 compared to 2.6.1 (Aura HD).
Yeah I am seeing problem (a) as well, which is really annoying as it is one of the reasons I switched to the Aura HD from Sony. Does it only happen with epubs, would switching to kepub solve it? I was avoiding kepub because of the book title taking up so much room on the screen.
rtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #249
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
I have noticed this too. If you turn off the page numbers, it does not remember the setting for new books you open:

Open new book.
See page number in right margin.
Go to Settings, Reading settings. "Show page numbers in the margins" is NOT ticked (but they are still being displayed). Tick it.
Close Settings.
Go to Settings, Reading settings again. "Show page numbers in the margins" is ticked. Untick it.
Close Settings.

Page numbers in the right margin now disabled for the current book, but they will come back when you open a new book, so you will have to switch them off again.

This has only been a problem in recent firmwares; 2.5.2 I think was OK. This is on my Aura HD firmware 2.8.1.
I can confirm this bug. Every new book shows numbers in margin, I have to go to settings and turn them on, then off to fix it, then it is ok for the rest of that book.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:16 AM   #250
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Can you fill the template in the first post? Thank you
Old 09-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #251
juliana000
juliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: kindle touch, kobo
I'm having these problens with the Firmware 2.8.1 with kepubs
1- when I close the book in the middle of a chapter (even when I bookmark) and open it again it always go back to the beginning of the chapter
2- Some books kepub freezes when I open it
Does anybody is having these errors too? There's any way to fix it?
I already reset to the fabric state and tried to log out, but it didn't work
thanks
juliana000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:05 AM   #252
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

It seems a problem of database corruption. Try to backup your database and log out and log in again, or to dump and restore your database if you know how to do.

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 09-28-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #253
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
Kobo Touch running 2.61
Hoping this is the correct thread to ask for help.
I use my KT and my iPad 2 app (5.12).
My IOS app emptied all my books recently (no explanation why) , syncing from my KT didn't bring them back. They showed but were not downloaded.
With much help and advice from Sharkus I realised syncing on my KT and updating from my iPad had not been working completely, probably for a while. It only changed my reading position on sync and downloaded recently purchased books.
My KT has been 'tricky' over the last 6 months. From being a beautifully behaved e-reader it started to freeze on page turning. Also it created multiple Shortlist shelves. I have 6, they cannot be deleted or renamed. I did write a post about this problem a while back. The KT is also sluggish, closing my books or any action happens slower than a few software versions back. I am thinking of resetting it, I can't think of anything else.
I only have Kobo books, and don't use ADE or Calibre, all my books are on Kobo.com but which of my devices acts as 'the Master'? Or is it just the first one I sync from? I have just over 100 books and have decided, to save any possible complications, to only use the 'I'm Reading' and 'Shortlist' shelves. I'm just not quite sure which device I should arrange to perfection first....
I would be grateful for any tips on which device to sync first and would be delighted to hear from anyone who has fixed the multiple shelf issue or should I just buy a kindle?
Thank you,
Amanda
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #254
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orn8one View Post
Also it created multiple Shortlist shelves. I have 6, they cannot be deleted or renamed. I did write a post about this problem a while back.
This is (at least primarily) an issue on the Kobo server end, so even if you factory reset as soon as you sync it will likely return. Not sure why they can't get it properly sorted out permanently (it has been fixed before).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orn8one View Post
I only have Kobo books, and don't use ADE or Calibre, all my books are on Kobo.com but which of my devices acts as 'the Master'? Or is it just the first one I sync from? I have just over 100 books and have decided, to save any possible complications, to only use the 'I'm Reading' and 'Shortlist' shelves. I'm just not quite sure which device I should arrange to perfection first....
I would be grateful for any tips on which device to sync first and would be delighted to hear from anyone who has fixed the multiple shelf issue or should I just buy a kindle?
Thank you,
Amanda
In terms of what is the "master" device, there really isn't one. From my understanding, it is going to look at the "last changed date" on each book etc. and take the newest as being the one to use (i.e. if you've read the book more recently on device A, it will use that, but if you've more recently used a different book on device B, it will use device B for that book).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #255
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

@Orn8one: I'm sure I have read something similar in another thread... anyway it could be another case of database corruption, read this post.

Tags
pocket app