Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #22651
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
LOL He slept great last night. I am guessing he was as tired as we were. He has a cold and is struggling with feeling less then great. He woke up this morning to an eye glues shut with gunk (clogged tear duct), snot all over his face, and a cough. But he slept 10 hours and will be better for it. His nose was wiped off immediatly, his eye was cleaned up while he had his bottle (easy to use a hottish compress then), and his cough was tamed with the glory that is a morning bottle. I am guessing that he is crawling around driving his Father nuts right now.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #22652
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
LOL He slept great last night. I am guessing he was as tired as we were. He has a cold and is struggling with feeling less then great. He woke up this morning to an eye glues shut with gunk (clogged tear duct), snot all over his face, and a cough. But he slept 10 hours and will be better for it. His nose was wiped off immediatly, his eye was cleaned up while he had his bottle (easy to use a hottish compress then), and his cough was tamed with the glory that is a morning bottle. I am guessing that he is crawling around driving his Father nuts right now.
Babies tend to be 'high-maintenance' pets. I think parrakeets are much easier. Glad he's feeling better!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #22653
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know that he is feeling better, I think he was so tired that he slept through. We will see how tonight goes. I just wish, like every parent, that I could read his mind and know how to help him.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #22654
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Grr.. My own stupidity!

For some time now I have been using an AeroPress to make my coffee, using rather than the disposable paper filters, a finely perforated stainless steel disc.

I had wondered why on earth it seemed to be getting harder and harder to press down on the plunger, and make my nice hot coffee.

Today I happened to look at the disc and discovered that roughly 95 to 99% of the perforations were blocked! After some heavy duty cleaning (seemed to go best when I used a steam cleaner to blast away at the disc), the holes are all open and coffee flows freely once more.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #22655
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Good news: my 5yo dog is suddenly no longer terrified of fresh horse manure.

Bad news: now he wants to roll in it!!!!!!!!!

Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #22656
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
Good news: my 5yo dog is suddenly no longer terrified of fresh horse manure.

Bad news: now he wants to roll in it!!!!!!!!!

Dogs! You gotta' love 'em!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #22657
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Grr.. My own stupidity!

For some time now I have been using an AeroPress to make my coffee, using rather than the disposable paper filters, a finely perforated stainless steel disc.

I had wondered why on earth it seemed to be getting harder and harder to press down on the plunger, and make my nice hot coffee.

Today I happened to look at the disc and discovered that roughly 95 to 99% of the perforations were blocked! After some heavy duty cleaning (seemed to go best when I used a steam cleaner to blast away at the disc), the holes are all open and coffee flows freely once more.
I learned about clogged perforations when my coffee overflowed all over the counter.
Mine is a cone shape and I have found that soaking it in hot water and using a bottle brush helps keep it clog free (I do this once a week now). I really like using it much more than those paper filters.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #22658
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Thanks for the advice; will give that a try. I was also thinking that maybe some CLR might be an idea.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #22659
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Thanks for the advice; will give that a try. I was also thinking that maybe some CLR might be an idea.
I don't use any chemical in anything or on anything that is in contact with my food or drink.

I do run vinegar through it every other month or so to remove any deposits. That keeps the build up away and I've been doing this for years.

The way mine works is that I pour the vinegar into the water reservoir and turn the coffee maker on. It heats up and runs through everything. I then pour that same vinegar back into the reservoir and turn it on again. Some times I run it a third time before I finally pour it out and run about 3 times with just water to clean out any left over vinegar smell/flavor.

Sumata in my cup and thinking about something for dinner.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #22660
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I learned about clogged perforations when my coffee overflowed all over the counter.
Mine is a cone shape and I have found that soaking it in hot water and using a bottle brush helps keep it clog free (I do this once a week now). I really like using it much more than those paper filters.
One morning, while living in a boarding house as a bachelor I was carry my washing to the cloth's line and I noticed there was an electric extension lead running out the door and into the garden.

At the end of it was a yellow plastic coffee percolator making a K'plop K'plop sound. I thought I could smell the mechanic's workshop down the road until I realised the smell was coming from the coffee pot. A container of used motor oil stood nearby.

One of the tenants who was rather thrifty and had moved to Australia from somewhere north of England was percolating used engine oil with the intention of reusing it. I never got to know if he was successful or not. Percolators only hold a couple of cups and there was an awful lot of used oil waiting to be percolated.

I later helped him carry many boxes of out of date fruit juice from his car which he purchased cheaply from the supermarket. He brewed it up to a kind of fruit beer which although was rather strange to taste, got you pretty plastered.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #22661
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
I later helped him carry many boxes of out of date fruit juice from his car which he purchased cheaply from the supermarket. He brewed it up to a kind of fruit beer which although was rather strange to taste, got you pretty plastered.
Isn't that what the convicts call 'pruno?' Ask him where he learned to make it...

Stitchawl
Old 06-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #22662
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

That wasmy first thought
Old 06-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #22663
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
One morning, while living in a boarding house as a bachelor I was carry my washing to the cloth's line and I noticed there was an electric extension lead running out the door and into the garden.

At the end of it was a yellow plastic coffee percolator making a K'plop K'plop sound. I thought I could smell the mechanic's workshop down the road until I realised the smell was coming from the coffee pot. A container of used motor oil stood nearby.

One of the tenants who was rather thrifty and had moved to Australia from somewhere north of England was percolating used engine oil with the intention of reusing it. I never got to know if he was successful or not. Percolators only hold a couple of cups and there was an awful lot of used oil waiting to be percolated.

I love that story. Since Stitchawl and ProfCrash already beat me to the second part, I am very curious about the first part. I will have to do some research to see what happens with the used oil when percolated in the coffee pot.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #22664
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Isn't that what the convicts call 'pruno?' Ask him where he learned to make it...

Stitchawl
Well ... this did occur in Australia .....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #22665
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Well ... this did occur in Australia .....
I wuz gonna say that, but I'm much too polite.

The real question is; where did WE learn it?

Stitchawl

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness