Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #1
Frühaufsteher
Frühaufsteher began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Which makes me suffer less eye fatigue: Boox M92 or Kindle DX

I've got 2 ereaders so far: kindle keyboard (6 inches) and Boox m92 (9 inches). Becasue i want to read magazines, I bought Boox M92 after i had kindle 3. But recently i found that i got eye fatigue much easier than kindle 3. I have checked the specifications of the two devises, but Boox M92 is in no way worse than kindle 3 concerning display.

I wonder if amazon really produces better devises than this small firm Boox. I am considering buying an used Kindle DX to ease my eye pain, if Kindle is better than boox in reading quality.

The other factors, like the files supported, wifi, notetaking functions, are not what i concern.

i'd like to hear someone, who really has experience with these 2 devises, Kindle DX and Boox M92. Thank you!!
Frühaufsteher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you have "eye pain" I really would suggest going to see an optician; it sounds as though you perhaps either need glasses, or your current glasses aren't right for you. There's no reason at all that reading any eInk screen should cause you pain. I don't think that the screen is to blame for it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
Frühaufsteher
Frühaufsteher began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you have "eye pain" I really would suggest going to see an optician; it sounds as though you perhaps either need glasses, or your current glasses aren't right for you. There's no reason at all that reading any eInk screen should cause you pain. I don't think that the screen is to blame for it.
Unfortunately i've got my eyes checked several times. Doctors coudn't find anything wrong with my eyes. I think i have more sensitive eyes than normal people.

Thanks, anyway.
Frühaufsteher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Go to an ophthalmologist not an optometrist/optician. You want an eye doctor not the guy that measures your eyes for what strength glasses you may or may not need. I learned the hard way there is a BIG difference!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Go to an ophthalmologist not an optometrist/optician. You want an eye doctor not the guy that measures your eyes for what strength glasses you may or may not need. I learned the hard way there is a BIG difference!
+1

I had developed an eye irritation when i was on a weak diet. Daily eye exercises for 15-20 minutes over a period of 3 months solved the problem.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frühaufsteher View Post
Unfortunately i've got my eyes checked several times. Doctors coudn't find anything wrong with my eyes. I think i have more sensitive eyes than normal people.

Thanks, anyway.

I would say "fortunately," rather than "unfortunately."

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-15-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frühaufsteher View Post

Thanks, anyway.
I suggest an Onyx M92 (a Kindle DX isn't buyable anyways). I have sensitive eyes, too (and/or a high quality standard for screen quality).

Additionally I suggest you avoid 'traditional energy saving lamps' (the ones with mercury in it) and try the good old light bulb or a good (and with good I mean not too cheap and too bright white) LED light bulb.

Last edited by joblack; 04-21-2013 at 02:56 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote