Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
iPad 5 coming in March 2013?

I can't believe no one's posted this yet. I've been hearing this for several days now.

RUMOR: A lighter, thinner iPad and an iPad Mini with a Retina display to be released in March 2013.

One link among many:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/techn...0,3451520.post

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-01-2013 at 11:04 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, and for the Dick Tracy aficionados out there, an iWatch is in development that will allow you to perform certain computer functions and make phone calls via voice command.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...our-wrist.html
Old 01-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
November releases are great for holiday sales and maybe the iPad 4 was an aberration to get some of that action; or not. So, is Apple going back to March releases or do they plan on doing two releases per year now?

iPad Release History
  • iPad 1 -- Apr 2010
  • iPad 2 -- Mar 2011
  • iPad 3 -- Mar 2012
  • iPad 4 -- Nov 2012
  • iPad 5 -- Mar 2013 ???
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #4
pastanley
Zealot
pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4, Kindle fire HD 10
I heard September 2013. Apple loves to give misinformation
pastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

According to the macotakara blog from whence all this originates, production has already begun for the next generation iPad Mini.

www.macotakara.jp/blog/
Old 01-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

According to the aforementioned blog, Apple's reasoning appears to be that they needed a quicker cycle to compete with the Nexus 7 and Microsoft's Surface. The Nexus may be a threat, but from what I've seen, the Surface seems to be underwhelming users and reviewers alike.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
iPad Mini with Retina display is long overdue; I avoided buying the current one because "going back" from Retina (on iPad 3 and even the 2-year old iPhone 4) to non-Retina is unacceptable to me.

The current iPad Mini price is way overblown, so I trust they will keep (or even lower) the price for the Retina version. In fact, that's the only justification I can think of: that Apple set the price so high because they knew all along that a Retina version would be coming.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
If they go to 6 month refresh cycles, I am out.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #9
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
I don't follow their calendar, anyway. I'm still using the original iPad. I think I'll take the plunge again, though, when the iPad 5 comes out, as at least 3 of my apps, while they still work, are only being updated on devices running iOS 6, and the original iPad wasn't built to run that.

Part of me is considering the iPad Mini 2, but for what I use it for, I think the iPad 5 will better fit my needs, even if they do make considerable improvements to the Mini in the second generation.

And yes, if they're going to update their line every 6 months, that would suck. Who wants to buy devices that are outdated so quickly? I'm hoping this is just a thing to get them back on an annual March launch date.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #10
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
Why?

At most, surely you should only be 'out' for six months.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
Cheeky1
A Happy Pelican
Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPhone 5s, Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7
They need to slow it down.
Cheeky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #12
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
There was quite a backslash when the ipad 4 was announced, as folks found themselves with an obsolete (in their minds) device after only a few months. Might change people's buying patterns if they change to a 6 month cycle; people might actually hold out buying, delaying until the next one comes along as 6 months is not that long of a cycle.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #13
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
not translate well
try again

Last edited by forsooth; 01-02-2013 at 01:43 PM.
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #14
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Obviously all rumor.

Be happy you don't look on Apple Forums. It is the most discussed topic for weeks and weeks with multiple threads.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #15
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
There was quite a backslash when the ipad 4 was announced, as folks found themselves with an obsolete (in their minds) device after only a few months. Might change people's buying patterns if they change to a 6 month cycle; people might actually hold out buying, delaying until the next one comes along as 6 months is not that long of a cycle.
I love my iPad 3. It does what the iPad 4 does, but uses all my old peripherals. It replaced my iPad 1, and under the old refresh schedule, I'll be ready to replace it with the iPad 5. If they go to a faster update schedule I'll just wait till the iPad 6 or 7. I think it's great if they want to improve their products faster. I personally don't have to have the latest one all the time.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote