Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
PatrickJ
PatrickJ began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab
Burroughs, Edgar Rice: A Princess of Mars March 27,2012

I recently had the great pleasure to read an old classic: A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs. I now know why he was so popular. It's a great read with many more to follow if you like this one. I did not find it on MobileRead so I've uploaded it. I hope others discover it as enjoyable as I have.

I believe this book is in the public domain everywhere.

UPDATE:
I discovered a classic that was not available on MobileRead and thought others might enjoy it as I had. I regret having caused so much discord. I will not bother you again.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Burroughs-APrincessOfMars.epub (393.6 KB, 453 views)

Last edited by PatrickJ; 03-31-2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Update
PatrickJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
Genesis
Enthusiast
Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
ok
I'm kinda fed up with the non-reaction to people's posts here. What is different about your ePUB version amongst the DOZENS of ePUBS of this novel available?
How does its stack up to
this freely-available version http://www.catspawdynamics.com/files...choonover.epub which is a showcase for ePUB design?
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
I'm kinda fed up with the non-reaction to people's posts here.
What kind of reaction did you expect? A huge outcry about the ePub quality or the lack thereof?

Quote:
What is different about your ePUB version amongst the DOZENS of ePUBS of this novel available?
Of course you cannot compare PatrickJ's version to Scott Dutton's beautifully done ePub, which is indeed an ePub showcase. But most MR users are not very likely to search all over the Internet for better free versions if one is already available at the MR library.

BTW, for those of you interested in the other novels of the series, HarryT created a nicely done Barsoom omnibus, which also contains "A Princess of Mars."

Last edited by Doitsu; 03-28-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
HarryT's Barsoom Omnibus is the reason why I didn't respond. I never even looked at this new version because I have a version that satisfies me and makes it easy to read the series in sequence without having to check Wickipedia first. (Sorry, PatrickJ!)

Last edited by frquixote; 03-28-2012 at 05:36 PM.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
Genesis
Enthusiast
Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
[QUOTE=Doitsu;2020492]What kind of reaction did you expect? A huge outcry about the ePub quality or the lack thereof?

Check the comments col on last 30 or so epubs. 5-6 comments? and most of them in THIS thread. Some of us actually research, scan, ocr and proofread the ePUBs we publish, and there are 100's of downloads of each. The apathy on this forum is depressing. My own tiny contribution of 11 rarities earned 1 thanks.. prolific publishers like crutledge? ignored.. ppl like him and harryT deserve a bit of commendation, dot'n you think?
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
My own tiny contribution of 11 rarities earned 1 thanks..
In an ideal world, everyone who posts a book should get Karma points, but if you're doing this just for Karma points, you're in the wrong forum.
Also you cannot expect everybody to be as excited as you about ebooks of long forgotten authors that weren't all that popular in their heyday.

Quote:
prolific publishers like crutledge? ignored.
This may sound a bit harsh, but IMHO, crutledge goes for quantity instead of quality. He posts his pulp fiction so often and so indiscriminately that he basically buries the three or four interesting books posted before him that people actually might want to read.

HarryT, on the other hand, is the polar opposite. He carefully selects the ebooks that he posts and, unlike crutledge's ebooks, you can be sure that his books are well-formatted and proofread.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:46 AM   #7
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
A hearty and belated thank you to everyone who's posted a book which I've subsequently downloaded!

I've never posted a "thank you" to this forum because I generally think of such posts as noise, and unnecessarily bumping the topic.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
This may sound a bit harsh, but IMHO, crutledge goes for quantity instead of quality. He posts his pulp fiction so often and so indiscriminately that he basically buries the three or four interesting books posted before him that people actually might want to read.
And as far as I can tell, he doesn't read or reply to comments, and doesn't bother to check whether the books are already uploaded... And I have to fix the title format too often.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickJ View Post
I believe this book is in the public domain everywhere.
You believe wrongly. Mr Burroughs died in 1950, hence his works are not in the public domain in countries which have "life+70" copyright laws (such as all of Western Europe, for example).

"A Princess of Mars" is in the US public domain, and is also in the public domain in countries with "life+50" copyright laws, such as Canada.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burroughs, fantasy, mars, science fiction