Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Problems with the sun

I was looking into the effects of the sun on LCD screens, but couldn't get any solid information. Will the sun ruin the LCD side of my edge when I flip it to the back and read the e-ink side outside? In addition, do I have to worry about overheating if the direct sunlight is beating down on the machine and warming it up? Thanks in advance anyone and everyone.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
The older lcds could be discolored by sunlight but haven't read anything in recent years.

Direct sunlight/heat could get you some damage if it is really hot for a long time I would guess.

Most electronics connection problems come form heating and cooling process but it usually takes a long time. I'd guess you will find a much nicer toy long before either are a problem :-) With new toys coming every month can the entourage stand up to the new guys on the block more than a few months? :-)
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I sure hope reading in the sun, especially with the LCD folded back, doesn't hurt anything! That has been a joy for me this summer, and so far I haven't noticed any overheating, except of me!

Caveat: I haven't taken an eDGe to the beach for direct and rebounding sunlight all day, so your mileage may vary.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entourage edge, lcd, pocket edge, sun damage