Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
moogoogai
moogoogai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
preserve table format when converting mobi to rtf

When I convert a mobi file with Calibre to RTF the tables get all mixed up. I tried mobi to epub to RTF, same thing. How do I keep the tables (and graphics) intact and still get to a format where I can highlight, make bookmarks, copy text/graphics, add comments, etc.?

Last edited by moogoogai; 02-15-2010 at 04:17 AM.
moogoogai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
moogoogai

Help!
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC RTF output doesn't support tables.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
moogoogai

Thanks kovidgoyal for responding and explaining your rational. I didn't realize I was asking you about DRM removal. My mobi file is not DRM protected.

Does calibre or someone else have output formats that do support tables from mobi?
Old 02-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre supports tables in MOBI, just not in RTF. Convert to a decent format, like EPUB and you will see the tables.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
conversion, convert, pdf, rtf, tables