Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
WEMV
WEMV began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader 6
Calibre does not see external usb drives.

Greetings,

I use Calibre on three different machines but store the library and original files on an external usb drive. This works great on the Windows XP machines but when the usb drive is hooked to my main computer running Fedora 11, I can't see the usb drive where the files are stored. The drive is mounted and accessable to all of my other linux programs, but Calibre can't see it. I could not seem to find anything about this in the user's manual or on the forum. I am running the latest version of Calibre. Any ideas on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Calibre is a wonderful program. Thanks, for all the work that goes into it.

Ed
WEMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
WHat do you mean calibre doesn't see it? You mean you cant change teh library path to it in the preferences?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 07:00 AM   #3
WEMV

When I use the browse button in the preferences to set the path to the library, the usb drive is not listed. I can only see the local file system. The same thing happens when I go to add a book that is stored on the usb drive to the local Calibre library, the window opens showing the file system but the usb drive is not listed there, only the folders on the local drive show up. I have been unable to get Calibre to recognize the existance of usb drive at all. The drive is mounted and active to the operating system and other programs.

Thanks,

Ed
Old 02-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you saying the mount point of the drive is empty?
Old 02-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
WEMV

In preferences I browse to find a new location for the library a window opens. On the left side of the window is a panel called Look In. That panel shows Computer which is the local C drive and Ed which is my Local Home directory. The attached usb drive does not show up at all. The mount point does not display even though the drive is mounted. The same thing happens with the Select Books panel.
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

This is linux. You're drives will be accessible under their mount points (typically in /media)
Old 02-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
WEMV

I guess you learn something new every day. First time I've run into this. My other Linux programs the mount points all shows up the same place.

Thanks a Lot for your explanation.

Ed