Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
awx
Connoisseur
awx is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650 & PRS-600
Bought .lrx books, can't authorize PRS-600 from store

As a test for my new reader, I bought a couple of books from Sony's store which ended up being .lrx format. Despite some weird behaviour in the Sony Library 3.0, the books were purchased easily and I can read them on the PC. But when I try to drag them onto the Reader, it tells me that I need to authorize it and asks me to log in. But the login fails and I can't get it to complete. The error message is "Unable to access eBook store. Check your network settings... -5"

Now I'm stuck with books I can't read.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Had I known the books were not in epub format I would have never bothered.
awx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:06 AM   #2
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by awx View Post
As a test for my new reader, I bought a couple of books from Sony's store which ended up being .lrx format. Despite some weird behaviour in the Sony Library 3.0, the books were purchased easily and I can read them on the PC. But when I try to drag them onto the Reader, it tells me that I need to authorize it and asks me to log in. But the login fails and I can't get it to complete. The error message is "Unable to access eBook store. Check your network settings... -5"

Now I'm stuck with books I can't read.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Had I known the books were not in epub format I would have never bothered.
Quick question - have you restarted your computer and tried logging into the Sony Store again? Have you attempted to reset your password, or tried logging in through the Sony Ebook Store website to confirm the password works? Also, if you log into the Sony Ebook Store through EBL, have you gone into "My Account" to authorize new devices while the PRS-600 was hooked up, so that you could authorize it? I think the latter part's in the manual on page 38.

http://www.sonystyle.com/wcsstore/So...set-166216.pdf
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2009, 04:38 AM   #3
cliffandy
cliffandy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
I have a similar problem only that I can get it on the reader but it gives me a 'protected' message when I try to open it on the reader.
cliffandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:23 AM   #4
FranknT
FranknT began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
Just a quick thought have you upgraded the firmware for the Reader ?
Adress below

http://support.sony-europe.com/dna/p...n_GB&m=PRS-600
FranknT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:41 AM   #5
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Hi and welcome to the forum!

It happened to me too when I tried to register the 600. Apparently they didn't fix the glitch... The best way to proceed is to go under "My Account" in EBL and then go a bit down, where you'll find the link for the devices.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #6
awx
Connoisseur

Haesslich, I had tried everything you mentioned except restarting my computer. I had ejected the Reader from the Library/Store, restarted the Library/Store, relogged in but nothing worked.

And the firmware was updated several days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
It happened to me too when I tried to register the 600. Apparently they didn't fix the glitch... The best way to proceed is to go under "My Account" in EBL and then go a bit down, where you'll find the link for the devices.
This worked for me.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Haesslich, I had tried everything you mentioned except restarting my computer. I had ejected the Reader from the Library/Store, restarted the Library/Store, relogged in but nothing worked.

This worked for me.
I'm glad it worked! They really should fix it, it's annoying have a nice reading time!
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

This worked for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Also, if you log into the Sony Ebook Store through EBL, have you gone into "My Account" to authorize new devices while the PRS-600 was hooked up, so that you could authorize it? I think the latter part's in the manual on page 38.

http://www.sonystyle.com/wcsstore/So...set-166216.pdf
Given that the second half of my post was the solution Juliette suggested, it doesn't look like you tried everything I posted.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:18 PM   #9
awx
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Given that the second half of my post was the solution Juliette suggested, it doesn't look like you tried everything I posted.
It does when you read from the bottom of the thread to the top.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #10
Haesslich
Fanatic

Quote:
It does when you read from the bottom of the thread to the top.
Well, you weren't the only one who missed that, so it's no big deal. Glad to see you got it authorized, though - I've had similar issues with MobiPocket-enabled devices (PDA's), so the automated method here is a step up.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #11
awx
Connoisseur

Sony still needs to put a lot of work into that Library/Store software. I still can't access any of the free Google books from the store.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #12
bazil494
bazil494 began at the beginning.

Device: PSR-799
Hi guys,

I joined this forum especially to say thank you. My device is fully authorized now. It was very easy when I clicked on "My Account" and fixed it from there.

Cheers,
Bazil
bazil494 is offline   Reply With Quote