Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-16-2015, 04:37 PM   #286
Brownskins
Fascinated Reader
Brownskins began at the beginning.

Device: K3, K4, Iliad IRex, Voyage, Nook Classic and Sony Daily Edition
Python installation

From the first post on this thread - "If you intend to use the Font Overrides KUAL menu: You will need the Python package. Make sure it's installed *before* the Fonts hack."

Am using a KTouch (K5) 5.3.7.2

Question 1: If I have already installed the fonts hack but am now wanting to use the KUAL Font Overrides menu, should I uninstall the fonts hack first?

Note: I tried to uninstall the fonts hack using the corresponding uninstall *.bin file but the linkfonts folder still remains in the KTouch (K5).

Question 2: What will happen if I install the Python package with the fonts hack still intact?

Any response will be much appreciated!

Last edited by Brownskins; 04-16-2015 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Identified K5 and software version
Brownskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:07 AM   #287
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
1. Nope, you can install right over it.

2. Yep, perfectly normal. There's a "complete uninstall" switch to flip in KUAL if you want it to kill the linkfonts folder. It's done that way by default to preserve user content & configs .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2015, 03:00 PM   #288
Brownskins
Fascinated Reader
Brownskins began at the beginning.

Device: K3, K4, Iliad IRex, Voyage, Nook Classic and Sony Daily Edition
Perfect! Thank you, thank you NiLuJe! Even without the override, currently the fonts look great! I like Droid Sans, Futura, Droid Serif and Caecilia the best. Cheers for all the work you do.
Brownskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:01 AM   #289
iylesu
iylesu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Hi, I put the fonts in the linkfonts/fonts folder, but it's not showing up in the fonts menu. I'm using 5.3.9 though - not 5.4. Is this normal behaviour? I'm on a PW1.

Edit: My bad, didn't update the cache. RTFM... Thanks for the wonderful hack!

Last edited by iylesu; 05-10-2015 at 09:08 AM.
iylesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:20 AM   #290
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
How do I get new fonts to show up? I have the long list of hidden fonts in the font menu, so the hack was successful, but when I add new fonts into the font folder they don't show. What am I doing wrong? The Fw is 5.3.4
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2015, 09:36 AM   #291
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Don't worry, it's working now.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #292
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
How I do a safe uninstall?
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:08 PM   #293
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Musashi: Any kind of uninstall should be safe. If you want to be thorough, just enable the "full uninstall" switch in the relevant KUAL menu for the Fonts Hack before running the uninstall.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #294
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
Ok, thank you
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:03 PM   #295
ohofke
ohofke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
I added a source in linkfonts folder / fonts, but did not appear in the font menu. I'm using 5.4.5. What can it be? I'm in a PW2.
ohofke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:35 AM   #296
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ohofke: You'll have to both read the docs one more time, and try to make more detailed sentences, because that felt like deciphering a riddle to me (granted, I'm on no-sleep right now, which probably doesn't help, but, still, word salad doesn't really encourage a real answer ).
Old 08-01-2015, 09:56 AM   #297
Mahiro
Mahiro began at the beginning.

Device: KindlePaperwhite2
Hey,your work is so great because the default Chinese fonts on kpw2 are bad.But after the system updating to ver 5.6.2.1 the fonthack doesn't work anymore.
Mahiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:29 AM   #298
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahiro View Post
Hey,your work is so great because the default Chinese fonts on kpw2 are bad.But after the system updating to ver 5.6.2.1 the fonthack doesn't work anymore.
Re-read the first post of this thread please.

FGA: All Amazon updates since (about) 5.2.x have been full image replacements.
The general rule is "re-install everything".

In the case of updates to 5.6.x firmware, you may need to run the "hotfix" to re-establish your jail break.
That mostly depends on the version age of the JB present when you updated to 5.6.x - -
So just run it, it will do no harm if you didn't need it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1597

For now and the immediate future -
For newest firmware support, get your packages from this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030

Note: On 5.6.x firmware, you must use the Mobileread Package Installer (MrPI) one of the extensions for the KUAL menu.
Which means you need to install the KUAL menu.

Warning: Stay away from the "factory reset" selection. I.E: Do not touch, don't even think about touching it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:11 AM   #299
Mahiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post

In the case of updates to 5.6.x firmware, you may need to run the "hotfix" to re-establish your jail break.
That mostly depends on the version age of the JB present when you updated to 5.6.x - -

Note: On 5.6.x firmware, you must use the Mobileread Package Installer (MrPI) one of the extensions for the KUAL menu.

Warning: Stay away from the "factory reset" selection. I.E: Do not touch, don't even think about touching it.
Ok,thank you for helping.But the true reason is the books converted from epub.I tried some other books and found everything works well.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:34 AM   #300
Mahiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post

Oh,it looks like I should send those books via email instead of usb

Tags
fontconfig, fonts, freetype, hacks, paperwhite, touch