Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
TWizz
TWizz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Transfer & View Comment Metadata?

Greetings all!

Bit of a newbie here so please bear with me if this is answered somewhere I missed.

I have a new Kobo Touch and I am loading my carefully tagged content using Calibre. I have a fairly significant number of books, many of which I forgot why I put into my reading queue in the first place, or are part of a series where the order isn't part of the title.

Is there any way to push and view additional meta data like Comments and or Series numbers to the Kobo and view the info?

Not the end of the world, but having to plan my reading list in Calibre and then only load whats next is my minor gripe with an otherwise very good device. I would like to just dump it all to a 2Gig SD card and pick and choose based on more than the title and or starting to read the first few pages.

Thanks in advance
TWizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Series numbers are easily done. Take a look at Metadata Plugboard.

I for instance use
Code:
{series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
This results in the Series name, "shortened" to 1st letters of each word, followed by a 2 digit series # and the title.

The canonical reference to these is https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118563
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
TWizz
TWizz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks Peter, perfect solution for series - much appreciated.

I guess I am out of luck for comments or some sort of synopsis/review data field unless there is a firmware update right?
TWizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Correct
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote