Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
resize images ?

i have converted a PDF format game strategy guide to epub and to my suprise it is quite readeble in epub.

there are lots of embedded images (screen shots) all at 400x320 pixels. (

is there a simple way to re-code so they display resized i.e. enlarged to close to full screen on my sony reader

e.g. via CSS or by adding attributes to the img src tag. there are 200+ images so it has to be a global regex or css solution ?

sony screen spec is 600x800 in portrait mode so scaling by 150% would be great. images would then go to 600 x480 & would fit full width of screen ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
i have converted a PDF format game strategy guide to epub and to my suprise it is quite readeble in epub.

there are lots of embedded images (screen shots) all at 400x320 pixels. (

is there a simple way to re-code so they display resized i.e. enlarged to close to full screen on my sony reader

e.g. via CSS or by adding attributes to the img src tag. there are 200+ images so it has to be a global regex or css solution ?

sony screen spec is 600x800 in portrait mode so scaling by 150% would be great. images would then go to 600 x480 & would fit full width of screen ?
Have you tried giving the Image tag a a style with

width: 100%;
height: 100%

You may want to take a gander at section 10.4 of thehttp://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visudet.html
and do whatever to maintain aspect or a pleasing image (no rule says the all have to have the same style )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 01:39 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the images had a default style of height auto width auto - i tried removing that & also googling, concluded ( maybe wrongly ) that auto & 100% would do the same thing so did not explcitly test the latter.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:30 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Don't use "width: 100%; height: 100%;", that will (or might) stretch the images out of proportion. Use only "width: 100%;" and it should be fine, but it might depend on the container too (for example, maybe each image is inside a <div>, and this <div> has some specified width too...)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:14 AM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Before you get to far into this, do a few images and test in the actual device. You are expanding a bitmap and you are likely to get jaggies, which may or may not be acceptable. To some degree it will depend on the resolution of the images to begin with.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #6
cybmole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Before you get to far into this, do a few images and test in the actual device. You are expanding a bitmap and you are likely to get jaggies, which may or may not be acceptable. To some degree it will depend on the resolution of the images to begin with.
a set of .jpg actually but I do take your point. I think Illl leave it as-is - use the epub mostly for text narrative & refer to original pdf for colour pcs.

I would have left the whole thing in .pdf but my sony reader choked on it - too big I guess - gave invalid page errors for the pdf format.