Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #196
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
Rename it FBReader.app NOT FBReader180.app.
The PB will NOT find the FBReader180 without changes in the cfg.
The cfg u downloaded is also written to use FBReader.app NOT the 180

Also "Open With" will not work if the name FBReader180.app is used.
Has made no difference. (ignore the cfg which I have not installed)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #197
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Aye probably .... it was getting late in the day for clarity ....

Presumably as it was loaded into my new 302 .... ?
Yes, for 301 and 302. We are still a bit unhappy with the stability of the 360°, send it straight back to the GIK. They do not really love me right now, I tell ya.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #198
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
They do not really love me right now, I tell ya.
That means you're doing your job neatly
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:36 AM   #199
phuel
phuel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.phuel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.phuel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.phuel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 302
poterm for PB302

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcLaren View Post
... I still wish somebody would compile poterm for the 302. ...
I compiled the poterm for the PB 302.

I was too lazy to update the descriptions in the status bar, so some explanation is necessary:
The keys on the right side are used for page up/down.
The lower left key rotates the display.
Pressing the upper left key or touching the screen opens the on screen keyboard.

The binary is compiled with the 15.1 SDK but seems to work on my 302 with the 15.2 firmware also.
Attached Files
File Type: zip poterm.zip (56.2 KB, 243 views)

Last edited by phuel; 06-13-2010 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Forgot to attach the software...
phuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #200
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuel View Post
I compiled the poterm for the PB 302.

I was too lazy to update the descriptions in the status bar, so some explanation is necessary:
The keys on the right side are used for page up/down.
The lower left key rotates the display.
Pressing the upper left key or touching the screen opens the on screen keyboard.

The binary is compiled with the 15.1 SDK but seems to work on my 302 with the 15.2 firmware also.
Thanks. This was exactly what I was looking for. It works great. Now I can poke around inside the OS.

The themes I like don't have some of the apps I like to run occasionally or want to try out. I've copied them from the \bin directory into the games directory and can run them from the applications menu. Very helpful.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:20 AM   #201
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay.
New versions are online (updated 06.14). Here they are:

http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...de_ws_15_2.zip

Changelog
Spoiler:
Version 360.15.2
- better Adobe Reader
- new codes and configs for FBReader
- new mode of page turns without inverting
- ameliorated listing display (longer lists with 170 elements)
- FBReader: fix of a bug that caused "hanging" on the last page
- FBReader: fix of some display problems
- long names are scrolled in the shelves
- File infos are saved when files are moved (last position, bookmarks)
- New menu point Recently read books
- User profiles
- Ameliorated search function
- ameliorated font menu
- support of different font types
- ameliorated SD card driver

301+

Changelog
Spoiler:
Version 301.15.2
- better Adobe Reader
- new codes and configs for FBReader
- ameliorated listing display (longer lists with 170 elements)
- User profiles
- ameliorated font menu

Changelog
Spoiler:

Version 302.15.2
- ameliorated Adobe Reader
- new codes and configs in FBReader
- ameliorated display of long lists
- ameliorated screen calibration
- ameliorated MP3 function
- by touching clock, calendar/calculator is called up
- middle button can be remapped
- side buttons are more sensibly named
- G-Sensor problem has been solved
- on connection with new devices user is asked for password
- data transfer via Bluetooth is possible now
- long touch with stylus works better now (to open menu)
- navigation in menus with buttons is possible now
- User profiles
- ameliorated font menu

All Downloads have a readme and changelog and En-En and En-Ge Dic.
302 has the browser (still in beta) and Calc.app

(sorry for the translation, I hope it's understandable)

Last edited by mtravellerh; 06-15-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:56 AM   #202
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Links seem to be down at the moment.

Quote:
Oops! This link appears to be broken.
Suggestions:
Go to pocketbook- global. com
Search pocketbook-global.com for download
Search on Google:

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 06-15-2010 at 05:06 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:04 AM   #203
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Is this the same file?

Because this link works. I'm assuming it is. But it sure is slow.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:12 AM   #204
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Is this the same file?

Because this link works. I'm assuming it is. But it sure is slow.
A lot of people trying to get this at the same time, I think.

Edit: Sorry, I did a copy and paste for the link and didn't take care. Should work now.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 06-15-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #205
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thanks for the firmware links. I am running the 15.2 test (beta?) version on my PB 301+ , do I need to upgrade to the 15.2 you just posted?
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #206
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Are these final? Should we expect no bugs/crashes?
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #207
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
Thanks for the firmware links. I am running the 15.2 test (beta?) version on my PB 301+ , do I need to upgrade to the 15.2 you just posted?
Yes, please do.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #208
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Yes, please do.
Okidoki, I will do that when the English firmware come out. Thanks for the reply.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #209
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
Okidoki, I will do that when the English firmware come out. Thanks for the reply.
This IS the English firmware.
I have just updated my reader and it remembers your language choice, so your English user interface or whatever language you are using will be preserved together with all your settings. All updates contain all languages.

Just the Readme file and changelog and other files are only in Russian and German, but that is OK. English speaking users have ALWAYS been considered a [distant] third-rate users anyways ... sigh ...
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #210
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
This IS the English firmware.
I have just updated my reader and it remembers your language choice, so your English user interface or whatever language you are using will be preserved together with all your settings. All updates contain all languages.

Just the Readme file and changelog and other files are only in Russian and German, but that is OK. English speaking users have ALWAYS been considered a [distant] third-rate users anyways ... sigh ...
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote