Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
Firmware Update 1.1.00.11250 for Sony PRS-T3

Reader PRS-T3 System Update Version 1.1.00.11250
  • Date released: 02/12/2013
  • Name: Reader PRS-T3 System Update Version 1.1.00.11250
  • Applicable models: PRS-T3
  • Benefits and improvements: Store‘s enhanced network services are supported
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/pro...v1100_11250_EU
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:38 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by medard View Post
Reader PRS-T3 System Update Version 1.1.00.11250
  • Date released: 02/12/2013
  • Name: Reader PRS-T3 System Update Version 1.1.00.11250
  • Applicable models: PRS-T3
  • Benefits and improvements: Store‘s enhanced network services are supported
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/pro...v1100_11250_EU
Thanks so much. It's not available from the Sony Australia site, but I've asked them if it is safe to use on a T3 bought in Australia
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
Jakkal
Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch
Thanks for the heads up, mine found it and is downloading it now.
Jakkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I tried doing the update but it said an unsupported model was connected and wouldn't do the update. UK only?
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I tried doing the update but it said an unsupported model was connected and wouldn't do the update. UK only?
Damn! It certainly looks that way. I'll let you know what Sony Australia says.

Edit: Sony Australia strongly advises against using upgrades from another country.

Last edited by AlexBell; 12-04-2013 at 12:57 AM.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:50 AM   #6
Jakkal
Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.Jakkal shines like a glazed doughnut.

I'm in Germany and just connected my T3 to the wifi, he found the update and updated automaticly.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the tip Jakkal. I went to Applications --> Settings --> System Management --> Check for updates and there isn't one apparently for mine. Mine is currently 1.0.01.09040
Old 12-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
Jakkal

That is strange, maybe the update is just for Europe for now.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #9
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Thanks for the tip Jakkal. I went to Applications --> Settings --> System Management --> Check for updates and there isn't one apparently for mine. Mine is currently 1.0.01.09040
That's interesting. Mine is 1.0.00.07030 out of the box. When I check for updates, this is the latest FW.

I purchased mine form Archambault in Canada. Maybe the difference is I'm registered with the US Reader Store.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #10
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
That's interesting. Mine is 1.0.00.07030 out of the box. When I check for updates, this is the latest FW.

I purchased mine form Archambault in Canada. Maybe the difference is I'm registered with the US Reader Store.
I'm also registered with the US store. I don't think that has any bearing on anything.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #11
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
I'm also registered with the US store. I don't think that has any bearing on anything.
Something to do with a US IP Address? I'm not sure what sense that would make.

Or maybe because your T3 is red, not black.

Is everyone here talking about firmware? The OP gives the EU update version as 1.1.00.11250 --- which is the current version of the Reader for PC Software.

When I go to Sony US eSupport and enter the model number, it gives me a link to the Canadian support site. There are no FW updates on that site.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #12
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Bookp indicates in this thread it breaks hyphenation.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=223493&page=5
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #13
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Sony PRS-T3
Some other dude said it works for him, so I'm not 100% sure. I checked my english books with Calibre. The language meta data tag says 'english'. I think the hyphenation algorithm should look for exactly that tag, right? But no hyphenation.
bookp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #14
Eric Muller
Connoisseur
Eric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolate

Device: Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookp View Post
Some other dude said it works for him, so I'm not 100% sure. I checked my english books with Calibre. The language meta data tag says 'english'. I think the hyphenation algorithm should look for exactly that tag, right? But no hyphenation.
You may want to try with 'en' as the language tag.

Also, you may want to try your epub with Adobe Digital Editions, which most certainly supports hyphenation. This would help determine if the problem is with the EPUB or with the PRS.

Eric.
Eric Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #15
IorekB
IorekB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T3S
I read in the german SONY forum that hyphenation in german language had some problems with very weird hyphen positions. This is what I understood: It would seem that since SONY could not immediately solve the problem, they switched hyphenation off completely for german language books with the latest firmware update, as a pretty rough (and hopefully temporary) solution.
IorekB is offline   Reply With Quote